Friday, September 28, 2007

My Dad Will Hate This Post

My dad doesn't like it when I don't post a 'creative' post. I know he also doesn't like it when I post about the home we are building (too boring), but that is why I am such a lame blogger these days (I mean because of the house we are building, not because I am too boring-although this may also be true).
This building thing is all consuming. Yesterday we spent nearly 4 hours with the electrician. Today I spent the morning with the cabinet builder (again) and this afternoon I've been searching for hardware.
OK, time for a true confession-I (inwardly) used to grimace when friends and family would sing the praises of Restoration Hardware. I thought, "Restoration Hardware is so boring. Blah colors, blah furniture, blah blah blah." I am now repenting, sorry to any who I may have offended. I'm not saying I love everything Restoration Hardware offers, what I am saying is I ordered 50 million of these knobs today...



and cannot stop thinking about this sofa...



In Silver Sage and in Goldenrod...



please tell me, which one do you like better? I really need to get some clothes folded.

12 comments:

Wendy said...

I like both. I like the warmth of the goldenrod the most I think. Depends on the feeling you're trying to create.

Celia Fae said...

I vote for yellow, I mean goldenrod. It looks warm and comfy and will match the urine that is sure to be splashed on it eventually.

martha corinna said...

So true Celia Fae.

mindy said...

I love the grey couch! It's different, classy and modern. It'll also be very easy to match to almost any decor style. It would be easy to match with both warm and cool tones. The gold couch is pretty as well. Not sure you could go wrong with either one:)

just jen said...

i vote goldenrod...it is classic.

Laurie said...

Either. Warm or cool, depends what everything else in the room is. There's a good chance I'm more excited for your house to be a finished product than you! I can't wait to see everything all together!!! You lucky duck!

Rochelleht said...

I'm partial to the goldenrod, as I have a couch almost exacty like it. It's warmer than the grey.

em kawasaki said...

I just recovered my Pottery Barn couch in gold. So I vote GOLD. We need to have you guys over for dinner. This week is booked but what about the next?

Paige said...

Love love love the sofa, esp. the wooden feet. I vote for the yellow two, because barf is usually yellow, and all stains turn yellow anyway. It doesn't look comfy though, so I hope it goes in the FHE/home teacher room, formally known at the living room.

Sheri King said...

I guess I'm a 'cool' girl because I dig the grey. I actually LOVE both. Are they from restoration hardware?

Andy Wright said...

Martha, the palacial furnishings are exquisite. And to think you were raised a peasant. I am proud of you and princess Norah.
Just Kidding, I love the fall burgundy blossoms with the touch of romaticized goldenrod.

martha corinna said...

Andy, you are a freak!
And to think, you were raised my brother.