Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Fabulous Fall

What are some of the wonders of fall?



A clear-cool blue back drop of a sky?
Greens, yellows, oranges, purples, and reds basking in the cool breeze and afternoon sun?



Thunderstorms and heavenly rainfall?



Monster zucchini and yellow squash?


Yes, but these all pale in comparison to fall's finest offering,



The knit tights.



I feel lucky to have 2 little girls so close in age, if for nothing else, so they can wear matching knit tights.



Some moms go crazy over designer jeans and frilly dresses for their daughters. Not me, I'm giddy over a myriad of polka dots, stripes, and colors offered in children's tights.


Do you think a grown woman in her 30's could pull off a pair of tights like Lulu's?

OK, so what if I hike my skirt up like she did, could I pull it off then?

15 comments:

Kate Benson said...

You lucky mom you! Refer to my latest blog entry.

Celia Fae said...

But what do we wear them with? Plain dresses and boots, by the look of it. Alice is going to look adorable. Thanks for the inspiration. Do you get them anywhere special?

Paige said...

You can totally pull them off if you have extremely skinny legs. Are the tights supposed to match the dresses on little girls? I need knit tights training.

Tate Family said...

I'm with you on the tights girl!

Sheri King said...

I'm so jealous! I want to buy cute knight tights! DO you think Tyler and austin would look cute in matching tights?

martha corinna said...

I am pretty eclectic. The tights don't really have to match that well. I get them from Old Navy, Gap, Gymboree, and Mini Boden. They all have a pretty good selection. I've noticed Naartjie has some as well as Babystyle.

Wendy said...

Those tights are so fun! In October I start Halloween socks, but that's about as creative as it gets here. :)

Kelie said...

How fun! Love the tights! ...only you could pull it off while looking ever so stylish!

Rochelleht said...

I love knit tights, too. Grace has at least 15 in differing colors and patterns.

just jen said...

i want to have a girl! there is no girly stuff going on in this house!

Laurie said...

I love the tights too! And the funny thing is that Cameron noticed Norah's tights at church on Sunday. poker dots. Our little ladies would get along perfectly! We still need to have a playdate.

em kawasaki said...

Martha, i am a year shy of thirty but I still wear the tights! I wear them with skirts, I wear them with capri pants, and if I could I would wear them with my skirt hiked up. Luckily I am a 100lb, 5'1.5" woman so I can also buy my tights at Gymboree! I wear flowers stripes polka-dots and argyle. You should do it too. Since this whole comment sounds like s Dr. Suess book I will finish with:

"If you have not tried these things you should.
For these things are fun and fun is good!"
-The Doctor Suess

em kawasaki said...

sorry about all the typos on the last comment I have two children sitting on my lap as I type.

martha corinna said...

Emily, I am 110 and am only 5'4", do you think I could shop at gymboree?

martha corinna said...

I meant my weight is 110lbs, not my age is 110, although I could probably get away with the tights better at the age of 110 then in my 30's.