Monday, September 17, 2007

Norah's attempt at Dora



Norah has had an itch to become a spelunker, so Brad decided that he and Norah would traverse the trail up to Timpanogos Cave and together they would take the tour.



So traverse they did-only to find that the cave tour was sold out.



Brad asked Norah if she wanted to continue up to the cave anyway, Norah said yes.



So they hike,



and hiked,



and hiked. I was totally down with the whole thing thinking it would be fun for Norah, and a good time for me to catch up on the laundry. As I was folding said laundry, I remembered this, and panicked (a little).
Nonetheless, everyone returned safely and Norah was all smiles. Maybe next time she will actually be able to do some spelunking.

5 comments:

The Christensen Family said...

Love daddy/daughter dates... Sad that time spent alone is doing laundry or catching up on random chores around the house. One of these days - I am going to be so organized that free time is really free time...

Celia Fae said...

I'm glad you had a little awakening. I hope it caused you to increase your husband's life insurance policy. My husband has quit dangerous activities because it costs him too much.

Laurie said...

I remember hiking that trail as a kid. How fun. And I was driving around Eagle Summit the other night and saw your house - how exciting! (I was able to pick it out for sure with the pantry/garage door!)

Sheri King said...

My mom, my aunt Tyler and I went to that train when I lived in Utah. I didn't realize that you couldn't bring strollers up the trail. I ended up carrying an 18 month old kid up and down the trail. What a workout! The tour was pretty cool though; IF Norah can make the hike again. I'm still picturing Norah as the little girl who looks like Boo. SHe's gotten so pretty!

Wendy said...

Beautiful pictures. Too bad it was sold out.

I love adventurous kids!