Thursday, September 20, 2007

An Autumn Attempt at Family Night



It was a calm, crisp fall evening at Traverse Mountain.



Mt. Timpanogos was on fire with metamorphosis.



There was salmon on the grill.



Tapenade, whose recipe I lifted from my new favorite blog, was enjoyed on the patio.



There was a small gathering around the glowing, amber fire.



Grandparents (and grandchildren) to be enjoyed.





The extra arms of a loving sister in-law and her husband (my brother) to hold my baby.








There was a warmth on that cool night. The craziness was calmed by peaceful hands. The silliness was enjoyed by a laughing family. And the lesson on honesty was overshadowed by the lessons of love.

By the way, to those of you who notice the Cirque Lodge sweat shirt (which my sister in-law Sarah was kind enough to give me), I have no info on Lindsay Lohan. Sarah does work there and so does my little brother Bobby (he drives their hummer around to the airport and dr.s appointments) but they are good employees and mum is the word.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

"on fire with metamorphosis" --very nice. Great pictures, Martha. Looks like a great evening!

Celia Fae said...

Oh, if only Mormons drank. Then you could get some dirt.

Paige said...

The fact that you have NO LiLo dirt is unforgiveable. There must be something you can do to squeeze it out of them. A favorite treat? Spike the punch? this is important!

Nathan said...

wish I had been there...
I could get anything out of bobby....Sarah, no... but Bobby.... easy!

King Family said...

what a lovely post. makes me want to have the family over and have fall last forever.