Friday, August 31, 2007

13 Years Ago Today...

I entered the MTC as a full-time missionary. I like to remember and have my own little celebration of gratitude because that August 31st changed my life forever.

The prayer in my heart says, "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, for allowing me that 18 months of service to feel the Lord's love, to feel His love flowing through me to those I served, and to have the opportunity to see the divine in my brothers and sisters".

Here are a couple of MTC photos, actually the last one is the airport on my way out. I know, I don't look any older then I did 13 years ago:)



9 comments:

Wendy said...

It's wonderful that you have such a grateful attitude about your mission. So much to learn out there. And you hardly look older at all--amazing!

Rochelleht said...

Adorable! I just love those 90's fashions! How fun!! Time flies, doesn't it?

martha corinna said...

Time does fly. The 90's fashions, I could leave them. Actually, most of what I am wearing in the photos, my mom made, and I loved them at the time.

Wendy said...

I had a fair amount of home made clothing for my mission, too--how fun!

Nathan said...

Wow! I remember that day...also, do you remember when you sent me the plastic bag with your mission logo on it? I still have it...
Hey-we need to talk this week before I leave for Russia!

The Christensen Family said...

loving the navajo skirt you are sporting in the family picture... you are a darling sister missionary...I can't wait to go on a mission with McKay because I missed out on my chance earlier...

martha corinna said...

Yeah, the skirt is awesome. Would you still be my friend Steph, if I wore that skirt to church today?
You will be a great missionary someday (both you and McKay).

Tate Family said...

Um, but I do think you look more stylish now!

Tate Family said...

Ok Martha, name some days and times you can get with me this week and I'll call you. I need blogger help!