Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Brad has a Mean Boss


Brad's boss at Griffiths & Turner is a slave driver. I call his boss almost everyday (I'm bold like that). I usually ask Brad's boss questions like, "can Brad come home now?", "can Brad talk on the phone?", and "can Brad meet me somewhere for lunch?". Brad's boss usually answers, "nope". This is when I either throw my cell phone across the room (you can't slam a cell down on it's ringer so throwing my phone is the next best thing) or spew nasty curses under my breath about Brad's boss.
Brad's boss makes him work Saturdays and an awful lot of holidays. Christmas day is the only Christmas vacation Brad is allowed to take and don't even get me started on summer vacations. When pregnant with our children I've asked Brad's boss, "can Brad take paternity leave, please?". Brad's boss looks at me like I'm crazy and just shakes his head. This is when I should put some kind of hex on Brad's boss and his family, but I don't know that a hex would be in my best interest.
Sometimes I become frustrated with Brad's boss. I get right in his face and say, "don't you know that Brad has a family?", or "Brad's children need him to take them to family night on the farm or family night at the gardens!", or most importantly, "Brad needs to be home so we can have family dinner, for goodness sake". Brad's boss just keeps on saying that Brad has too much work to do and he cannot be spared.
If Brad's boss can't be reasoned with, maybe I need to look into ways to get Brad fired.

10 comments:

Laurie said...

I hope Brad's boss doesn't like reading blogs....
Maybe I should take up calling Eric's boss....

Kate Benson said...

HERE, HERE!

Kate Benson said...

oops I mean
HEAR, HEAR! tee hee.

martha corinna said...

Brad's boss will most certainly read this blog.
Isn't Eric's boss your dad, Laurie. Or am I confused?

Wendy said...

I love this, Martha! Good luck!

Laurie said...

My dad is CEO of Eric's company - but not his boss. (Many layers of management....)
And here I thought Brad was his own boss.

martha corinna said...

Yeah, Brad is his own boss, which is the worst kind of boss.

em kawasaki said...

at least Brad's boss is good looking, eh? Mark's boss is soooo nice that I feel bad complaining when Mark isn't home. His music manager on the other hand... I talk his ear off every night before he goes to bed about finding moderation in all things.

Rochelleht said...

I'm daft. Took me a while to figure that one out.

Very clever, girl!

Nathan said...

LOL!!!! Where did you get that picture?