Thursday, August 16, 2007

Mixing of the Gene Pools

There is some confusion, at times, as to whom our children most look like.
For her first year, Norah was called "little Brad" by some(at the time this irritated me, I've since come to terms with it). Recently, I'm often told she looks just like me. This usually happens when Brad is no where to be found so as to represent the father's contribution.

Lulu, on the other hand, is most often thought to look like me. I can't see my parents without them saying something to the effect of, "you looked just like that as a child...except your hair wasn't as pretty". This is true of course, the golden cascades of light which fall around Lulu's face are the epitome of childhood beauty.

Now Abram...hmmm. He most certainly has the 'Wright' eyes, but the rest of him, I just don't know. People who know my brother Andy often see Abram and say, "He looks just like Andy". I'm not sure why Andy should get any credit for my child. Maybe if he babysat for me more often I'd be more comfortable with the comparison.

Anyway, you be the judge.

Who do you think our children look like?

Norah



Lulu



Abram



Dad



Mom



Or...Wild card Uncle Andy.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Hmm... Beautiful pics, by the way.

I say Norah has your eyes, hair and tilt of the head, but her dad's smile . . . based on the family picture.

Lulu and you--I can totally see it.

Abram's definitely got your eyes, but I think he looks more like his dad than his uncle.


Only remotely relevant . . . once, while talking with a rather pure YW Pres about her husband and his brother, who looked nothing alike, I said something like, "So it's kind of like 'What color was the mailman's hair?'"

She was not amused.

At least it wouldn't be a bad thing if Abram looked like your brother. :)

Wendy said...

ha! We just left messages on each other's blogs at the same time.

Genius minds think alike??

The cobbler is yummy--I sneaked a bit!

martha corinna said...

Wendy,
I was going to say something about not having an incestuous relationship with my brother but I thought some people would not think that was funny.

Wendy said...

You're probably right--wise choice.

Nathan said...

Norah has your demeanor in a lot of ways--like Wendy says-she tilts her head like you--smiles and talks in a way that reflects her mother-go figure, right? Lulu does look just like your baby pictures. Abram---hmmmm, I haven't spent a lot of time with him....In the picture I can see alot of you and Brad. Now Andy....he just looks like Andy....

Heather Anna said...

Nora looks like you and Brad

Lulu looks like you

Abram looks like his dad's baby pictures with your eyes, like Wendy said.

Our kids are just a mix of both Matt and I. When they're babies most people say they look like whichever parent isn't present.