Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Yellow


What does Yellow feel like? Is it palpable?
I've clothed my world in shades of gold. My home is bathed with the hue. The terracotta and soil of my yard is bursting with canary, moonlight, and school bus yellow.

I wouldn't say that yellow is my favorite color. I am drawn toward white or red. I love the polarization of the two, they are vivid and graphic. Inside me are shades of crimson and purity swirling in a pool of conflicting desires.
As life progresses, I understand that I need yellow. I need it's warmth and it's joy.
I need it's cheer and it's brightness.

I need it's hope and light.
I need it's clarity and confidence.
Yellow is bold and gentle all at once.
Yellow is weightless and persuasive.
The golden rays of the sun lift and warm. At times my soul becomes saturated in brilliant glowing yellow.

I wish I could hold yellow, wear it like a hat or a coat. If it were tangible I would make it my own.
I know that I need to posses it's peaceful halo of brilliant light.
Is it possible to be yellow?

I want my children to see and feel yellow.

4 comments:

Kelie said...

Martha, I love your descriptions! Thanks for visiting our blog. I am thankful for the short time we knew each other and for your kindness! I hope to keep in touch through our blogs! Thank you!

Cherri Regnier said...

I really liked this post. It made me think of the Coldplay song called Yellow.

I need to be more creative with colors. I bought a new bag the other day because of the chartreuse color in it. I was drawn to it.

becky said...

okay...i'm ready for my photograhy lesson...these photos are perfect and capture your feelings!

Wendy said...

I love your post--beautifully descriptive and fabulous photos. Thanks for visiting my blog, too. I also love yellow, but I dare say I couldn't have expressed it this way. That was very fun--magical--to read!