Friday, July 6, 2007

Norah, Norah, Norah!

You know those people who are always 'on'? I know them. I had a mission companion that was always 'on'. She was my trainer. While with her I thought "there is no way I can be her". Luckily I didn't have to be.
I've always admired people who can be 'on' at all times, they are fun, up for anything, and exhausting. I prefer to be on a little and by myself a little.
Well, those days are over. My oldest daughter is one of those 'on' people. I know some would say that all small children are 'on', but Norah is on with a capital O N.She never stops moving, she literally bounces off of walls. She is electric and constantly needs entertainment, from me. While her sister is awake she seeks entertainment from her. There usually is a lot of laughter and running and sometimes there is crying involved. Lulu and Abram's naps signal go time instead of relaxing quiet time. I find myself becoming irritated and short with Norah because she demands so much from me. Sometimes there is crying involved.
I don't want to stifle Norah, she is a beautiful 'on' person. I try to find ways to keep up with her. I want her to know she is perfect the way she is.
She likes to pose for photographs, here are some practice shots together. I was practicing loving her. These pictures are to remind her that her mom wasn't always irritated. I love you Norah.
Any suggestions on how to make it through the afternoon with her?


5 comments:

Nathan said...

I like the third picture the most of all! Of both of you, for different reasons for each....if you look at it again, you'll see what I mean...I have no suggestions really, but I think that Cole, Heather's boy is an "always ON" kind of kid--i love him with all I am, but he wears me OUT!!! Can't imagine how Heather does it, even with little miss Margaret to help...I miss them! And i miss you and your family Martha. Love you!

Wendy said...

Great pics--I love the practicing loving her idea. No suggestions, though--good luck!

Is your husband related to Ken Griffiths, by any chance?

Wendy said...

I should've specified the name... Ken Griffiths was my mission president in Abq, NM. Not your husband's grandpa then? :)

Brooke said...

crafts! has she ever done the purler beads? they take forever to get done and require tons o' concentration!

Andy Wright said...

I have always been of the persuasion that you beat them to show them love. That's how I know, for certain, that dad loves me.