Thursday, July 12, 2007

Natural Beauty

As I put my make-up on this morning I feel grateful. Not because Mac Cosmetics has blessed me with an endless array of colorful palettes with which to paint myself. No, I feel grateful for the amazing colors that swirl at my ankles and intoxicate my evenings.
I do not always feel naturally beautiful. Sometimes I feel very unattractive. Once in a while I think to myself, "Hey babe, you are looking good today. Now go find somewhere to show it off.". Most of the time I don't stop to consider the beauty God has created in me. When I consider and internalize the beauty around me I can not help but feel beautiful by association.
Here's what I am talking about, all from my own yard and deck, no less.

Now go feel beautiful.




























4 comments:

Nathan said...

WOW!!! These and your post ARE beautiful. I will feel beautiful =)

Wendy said...

Lovely photos!

I like your beauty by association idea very much.

I had a bishop who said he believed every woman needed and deserved to recognize how beautiful she truly was. I loved that! It has helped me a lot to remember that over the years--though of course, I don't always feel it. But I believe it's true! We are one of God's many beautiful and lovely creations.

Per your instructions, :) I'm feeling beautiful!

em kawasaki said...

Gorgeous pictures. I also have a soft spot for Mac Cosmetics.

When I am having one of those not so beautiful days I look at my stunning children and think "they can't have gotten all their good looks from Mark can they?"

becky said...

so can you plant these flowers in my backyard...it's in need or serious help! it's beautiful!