Thursday, July 5, 2007

Happy Americans

The night of July 3rd brought tossing, turning and tears. Abram is a notoriously bad sleeper but this night he provided tales to rival Greek Tragedies, well, not quite, but it seems that way at 4am. At 5 am, after I had had very little sleep, I imagined myself sitting in a corner crying all day on the 4th. I was thankfully wrong. My husband took the children downstairs when they woke and I was able to sleep until 8:30, thanks Brad.
Independence Day started at the Wright house.
We lunched, laughed, chatted and teased. It would not be a 'Wright family get-together' if there were no teasing.My brother Tim, is looking for a wife at the ripe age of 21. He has decided that in order to obtain a wife he must improve himself. He is hoping to improve by becoming less awkward with intimacy, you know, making contact with other people. Every time I see him he gives me a big hug. This is his way of 'working on it'. I love you Tim, you will be a good husband.
Daddy taught Norah how to ride her bike in "flat" Orem.Lulu and Norah found refuge from the heat with the hose.Andy and I talked lawyer talk. I'm not a lawyer, but lawyer talk is more interesting then diaper talk.Bobby, of course, has big plans to conquer the world... as usual.The evening was spent at Brad's sister's home. She has a trampoline and a water slide- kid heaven.Abram and I are obviously back on good terms.
This was our last 4th of July to host the fireworks party. Next year we will be in our new home. Thanks Mom and Dad, for teaching me how to be a grateful and happy American.

6 comments:

Kate Benson said...

Good job on your shutter drag (with the sparklers) Looks like you had a good fourth... (flutes piping)...

martha corinna said...

Oh Katie, you give me too much credit. I did no shutter drag, I wish I knew how. The camera has a night setting, I'm such a pro. There are things I want you to show me how to do, will you? I'll pay you $5.

Nathan said...

=( I wish I was there with you all! I miss and love you guys! Martha, thanks for posting the pictures and giving me an overview of the days activities in a way only a true wright could. love and miss you.

Brooke said...

love the waterslide! ours died last summer and i'm too cheap to replace it.

Fordney said...

Martha,
I look at your blog (sometimes!) I don't judge your grammer (get it?) I really liked the pictures from the Fourth- wish we had made it down.... Oh well, another time- tell the girls that Owen and I love them.
Sarah

Andy Wright said...

Martha, thanks for always opening your home to us on the Fourth and thanks for archiving all of these events.