Wednesday, July 25, 2007

At Last



Our new home was finally started a few weeks ago. I can now count down the days until a full nights sleep is had without a child in my bathroom and a child in my closet.
We are excited, but I am a little anxious about selling the home we now live in. Am I woman enough to take care of my family, cook delicious meals and keep my home sale-worthy spotless? I don't know. I see temper tantrums, tears and many meltdowns in my future.



The process of picking things out, such as stone, colors, plumbing, etc., has begun. It's all a little overwhelming, but I love design, so I am in my element. I would love opinions, so I will pose my choices to the public. I know you are a small but valued public, so speak up when I post the choices.




Above we are standing in Brad's beloved and infamous music room.




The girls on a big pile of dirt at dusk.



I think 15 year old boys who listen to Megadeath are framing our house.

By the way, I made these caramelized carrots the other night and they were soooo good. I couldn't switch to processed food even if it did mean I would have to sacrifice my sanity. We'll see.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Martha! That is so exciting! I hope it goes well and speedily and you love the colors you pick!

becky said...

i'm so excited for you! definitely keep us posted on your pics...how fun!

em kawasaki said...

knowing your sense of design the house will be the most beautiful on the block. I can't wait to see it.

C. Jane Kendrick said...

I think 15 year old boys who listen to Megadeath are framing our house.

Is that the ONLY way to go?

sarahlouise said...

Yummm.... caramelized carrots. Those sound good. We still need to cook together.
LOVE YOU!