Thursday, July 19, 2007

The ABC's of Martha

Well I guess if Kate tagged me I best run with it. By the way, I think I did this wrong Katie but oh well. I've never been tagged before. Not in the blogging world that is.

A-Can I have 2 As? Arty, I was born drawing and designing something. I live to be creative. Anxious. There is a mutant anxiety gene that runs wild through the Wright side. I've become more low key overtime but I wish I could let it all go sometimes.

B-Blush often. I blush and become flushed when attention is payed to me. I wouldn't say I'm shy at all, attention just makes me a bit uncomfortable. I get this from my mother I suppose. Beauty. There is so much beauty to enjoy. Love the beauty. Backpack. Backpacked Western Europe, was robbed in Rome, spent the night in a convent as a result.

C-Here I go again with more then 1 c. Color, I LOVE color. No beige, brown or tan for me please. Cats. I am one of those cat people. They are sleek, feminine, cool, independent, and indifferent. I've always been a sucker for those who play hard to get. Cheese. Love Cheese. So far haven't met a cheese I don't like. We get along fabulously.

D-Dancer. I am no professional but I am a highly qualified amateur basement dancer. My children and I have intense dance-offs and my husband says my dancing was instrumental in our love story.

E-Eat. I love to eat good food. One of the best things in life is good food. I hope my metabolism doesn't catch up with me any time soon.

F-First born. I am the first born of 8 children. I am married to a first born. You know what they say about first borns don't you? Fat. Like cheese and food, I like a good dose of fat. I'm talking cream, butter, you know, the good stuff.

G-Gospel. In all sincerity, I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am at peace and am happiest when I live it. Ground Hog Day. I love the movie, I know all the lines.

H-Hair. I have a lot of hair on my head. I know I should be grateful for this but there have been times all this hair has not been to my advantage. Heat. The desert is not my friend. My Irish/Minnesotan blood was not meant to pleasantly endure Utah summers. I thrive in cooler weather. Electricity runs through my veins when it rains. This is my excuse, of coarse, for not being electrically 'on fire' these days.

I-Idolatry. Sometimes I indulge in a little idolatry. Have you ever been to Anthropologie ?

J-Jewelry. I love pretty unique jewelry and have lots of it. I can't wear it though. It makes me claustrophobic. Just you wait, there's more where that came from.

K-Kindred spirits. I loved Anne of Green Gables and have met many kindred spirits and am grateful for them. Where would I be without them? Kids. I have 3, Norah, Lulu, and Abram. Maybe there will be more, but a break is needed at the moment.

L-Love, like, lust. I love life, my family, friends, food, cool water, rain, vegetation, to escape, history , and art. I like kitchens, the smell of cedar, dragonfly's, birds, shoes, skirts, mascara, and hummus. I lust after the perfect lipstick, boots, jackets, puffed sleeves, the perfect t-shirt(with puffed sleeves), lemonade, pastries, and during pregnancy... red meat. Oh, the shame.

M-Are you ready for a whole lot of alliteration?Miss. I miss Minnesota and Michigan. They will always be my home even if I die and am buried in Utah, which will probably be the case since I want to be buried with my dear Utah loving husband. I miss all the sweet friends lost along the way of traveling through states, countries, and life. Mother. I am a mother. I am desperately working on becoming a fun and free mom. Mission. Loved serving a mission.

N-Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. I served a mission in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, loved it.

O-OCD. I suffer from it a little. Just a little. -O. -O is my blood type.

P-PPD. Had it bad after my second pregnancy. I am grateful for the experience though, it changed my life. People. I love, am interested in and fascinated by people. Phobias. I'm not afraid of the typical girly stuff, you know, spiders, bugs, mice, snakes, rats, but just check out my superstitions.

Q-Questions. I have a lot of questions. If you meet me I will probably ask you a lot of questions.

R-Red. Love Red, not brick red, brilliant true red. Running. I love to run, although there isn't much of that happening right now. See post below.

S-Sleep deprived. See post below. Sleeves. Long sleeves make me claustrophobic, as well as turtlenecks. Shhhh. I long for some peace and quiet. Superstitions. I ALWAYS knock on wood. I count stuff b/c if I don't something bad might happen. Traffic lights, ask me about traffic lights. There's more but I don't want you to know to much.

T-Temper. I have a little bit of a temper. Try. I am trying to not have a temper.

U-Unusual. I love the unusual and unexpected, oh, there's another 'U'.

V-Vertigo. Love the movie, it's my favorite, I'm a Hitchcock geek. I also frequently get vertigo.

W-Wright. My maiden name is Wright. I didn't change it until after Norah was born. In the hospital she was 'baby girl Wright'. Water. I love bodies of water, especially the Great Lakes.

X-Xanadu. I loved this movie as a child(and as an adult). Not so much for the story line,but truly I am a closet Greek goddess, Electric Light Orchestra is always playing in my head, and I have to control my urge to break into dance on the boulevard.

Y-Youth. I hope to always be youthful. If not in body at least in spirit. Yellow. I like yellow.

Z-Zealous. Sometimes I am overzealous for fashion, food, clean floors, and gardening.

Done. Now I can resume my chores.



3 comments:

Wendy said...

My husband is the oldest of 8 kids, and he, too, married another oldest child. I bet we could have some conversations about that!

These were fun, Martha!

Kate Benson said...

holy hell... how long did this take you? Goooooood answers!

Mrs. Misses said...

At the risk of sounding seriously cheesy, I am reading this rosy-eyed and shivery because I think we are kindred spirits. I drank all of that in and feel like reading poetry in a misty Canadian river with Anne and the girls...so fun. I wish I would have written it. You are a serious writer and should be writing more than just a blog. It's quite impressive to know yourself so well. Reminds me of an Indigo Girls song...I think it's called Mystery. (PS note the time of this comment...it's getting late and I'm getting cheesier by the minute).