Friday, February 13, 2009

Two Fold Mission

There are two matters of business that I wish to discuss today.




1. Prompted by Brooke, Norah, Lulu, and I made homemade valentines.





This can clearly be interpreted as A)an attempt to win, at what I don't know, but it's a competition yo(I feel the best time to use "yo" is at 36, when you are quickly slipping into the abyss of old age and uncoolness); or B)as a future reference for proof of love when at 13-15 my daughters exclaim that I don't love them and that I am ruining their life. I'm totally smart like that.





Business matter #2-



On this Friday the 13th, half a year has raced by in the life of sweet Rosemary.



Barely tangible, these 6 months have left me refined. I've yet again, been taught that all things can be done in the strength of the Lord.



Rosemary patiently watches and waits as I sweep dirty floors, or dress little bodies.



She waits, mouth agape, as I feed little mouths, hoping for what is left.



She patiently watches as I help a young woman measure flour and sugar, just waiting for her turn in the spotlight.



And when it is her turn, she throws her petite arm round my neck, grasps my skin fervently-reminding me that we are one.

There have been past days that the 'need' has been burdensome and overwhelming, but currently, to be needed is divine. You are my teacher Rosemary.

6 comments:

Annemarie said...

Oh, you're good...if we had attempted home made valentines I would be institutionalized by now. Good work!

diane said...

Darling Valentines, darling baby.

Mrs. Misses said...

Go Martha! I need to take more pictures of stuff I do with the kids because I WILL need it when they're older. Good thinking.

I wonder if it is the 4th child of mine that will be just as patient and observant as Rosemary.
We may never know...

AMiller said...

Way to go on the Valentines - we about broke down just trying to get names on the ones we bought from the store.
And a good baby at six months old - truly a picture of heaven.

em kawasaki said...

I love the valentines, the girls have gotten their mothers eye for good art.

I pray that this next baby will have the patience of Rosemary. Heaven knows with me as his mother he will need it.

Cecilia said...

What a sweet post! You're such a good Mom!