Monday, November 12, 2007

A Lovely Saturday in November

Saturday was beautiful. Not only was the sky it's bluest, but the temp. was in the mid 60's. And not only did Brad stay home from work, he also took the girls up to our new home site in order to watch the driveway and steps be poured.



Never has concrete been so fascinating.



Never have HVAC cardboard boxes been so artistically decorated.



The view from the back of our home is of the hang gliders at point of the mountain. Brad took the girls to get a closer look.





While I was walking around our new home, the central vac. installer(who had multiple piercings and was in his early 20's), approached me and said, "I'm not going to be able to finish this job today". I said, "Oh yeah?". He said, "yeah, I just found out I have a party to go to". I considered this for a moment. I have to assume that parties are not only paramount on the agenda of a 20-some-year-old with multiple piercings, but imperative (this is not based on any research only narrow mindedness and stereotypical thinking). Understanding his plight, I let him off the hook.





We also captured our children's tiny hand prints in our new driveway cement for whoever buys our home after we tire of it to enjoy forever and ever (seriously, I hope we never ever tire of it).



After the children went down for a nap, I was able to escape (seriously) to a delightful bloggers lunch date. I am so glad I went because I almost changed my mind. These women were so much fun. I was able to spend time with old friends (Laurie W. and Leslee), and make new friends (Heather, Annemarie, Laurie from Texas, Lisa, and Melissa.
I laughed hard as I listened to stories and experiences. These ladies made me happy to be a blogger. Making new friends and being able to meet them in the flesh is wonderful. I hope to have many more blogger lunch dates just as lovely as this one. Thanks ladies!


I am grateful for the beauty of the day, for my husband's help, and for the friendships I've made through blogging.

Saturday's this gratifying are few and far between, but really need to be praised.

13 comments:

Wendy said...

What a fun Saturday. I'm glad you put hand prints in and I hope you never tire of your new home, too. Are you getting excited to have it all done? How much longer do they estimate?

I'm way impressed that you let the piered guy off to party. Way.

:D

Rochelleht said...

Oh fun, fun, fun! I'm so glad you got to meet Laurie. Isn't she a nut? I love her! You guys look great!!

The Christensen Family said...

What a good day for you... Been missing you! Where are you these days? Haven't passed you in the car in a while... Funny to note, but a serious comfort seeing you everyday... I have your magazine to return. I am bringing you treats to repay the kindness of letting me have it for so long! So jealous that you have a driveway - that is big! Loves...

Paige said...

Love the handprints! And I'm very jealous of the blogger lunch.

Crystal said...

I know the weather wasd great, I could really get used to sat like that in Nov...Looks like you had a great day! It was good to talk to you and Brad....You missed the big reveal of the Christmas lights..Aaron was so proud...

just jen said...

i am grateful for your blogging friendship too.

Celia Fae said...

Was the blogger lunch everything a blogger could hope for? I worry that if I met people in real life it would be weird. I need more details, please.

I'm glad I saw the pictures of your new house. I know just where the hangliders are. What a beautiful location!

mindy said...

We put handprints in our sidewalk when we were growing up and it's one of the favorite parts of my house. My Grandma also had my mom and her siblings do it when they were children... in a way it freezes time. Handprints are wonderful reminders of the children we all used to be.

Trish said...

I really do love your blog...keep it coming...it makes me smile :)

Nathan said...

Do you think one of the girls will actually wanna become a hang glider from the exposure to those kind of neighbors? You better be careful...

That was nice of you to let the 20 something with multiple piercings go to the party...

wish I could have a blogging luncheon too!

shauna said...

Love it. You will have a wonderful view to enjoy. To me it means we're almost to Grandmas house. To you it will mean home. A blessing for both. Enjoy.

Kelie said...

that is such a beautiful view! How exciting to see things coming along!

Anonymous said...

I had such an amazing time! It was such a pleasure meeting you. I'm really glad you didn't change your mind. ;) E-mail me anytime with any questions you have!