Monday, January 26, 2009

Sabbath Snow Storm

Outside, snow flakes fell free and heavy Sunday afternoon.

Inside, children clamored for a bench seat to sit upon while stuffing stockinged feet into pink cowboy boots and Velcro sneakers.

Outside, a hush blanketed our street and gully.

Inside, a force, 3 children wide, pushed through a door jam breaking free into the escapable garage.

As the garage door welcomed the expanse beyond it, inside met out. Two girls and one boy fell silent under mother nature's offering.



After a moment, I prompted Norah to climb in the car. She said she was busy thinking about Jesus(I suppose that wins her a few extra seconds).

Upon a second prompt, she climbs in.

I turn to Abram and ask him to climb into the car.



He responds, "I tinking bout Jesus".

Hmmm.

11 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

oh do they know how to work their mama.

my kinda kids.

wait til you catch them in the backseat of some fogged up car... thinking about jesus.

Annemarie said...

That is too cute! It ALMOST makes you wish it would snow like that a little more often. Well...not really, but for stuff like that it's worth it!

Wendy said...

That is lovely. I can see the hush working Norah, and I trust Abram's wholeheartedly.

I love those pictures, btw. The color contrast with Norah is incredible.

Cecilia said...

That's just so cute and clever!
Love the pics!

Cher said...

I cannot believe you found me! Did you find me through my sister's blog? I've wondered about you two (erica). I knew a bit about erica because of my friend Laura but I didn't know where you ended up! I must see you next time I'm in Utah!

just jen said...

he's a quick one, that abrahm!

Cher said...

Martha, are you on facebook? We need to move onto email to catch up! I couldn't get your email address off your profile page...I don't know if you can on mine either.

Jake said...

Ha ha! Smart smart kids.

p.s. I want to interview you for my blog. Will you email me? Please?

Insightful Nana said...

I just love those babies!

Nana

Anonymous said...

I love your beautiful kids! But you've left me craving a picture of sweet baby Rosemary! More baby photos, more!

Samantha said...

Martha, you are so good with words. A true artist. Ever consider professionally writing?