Monday, January 5, 2009

Magic Resides on Ravencrest



As the pink morning sun chased the last bit of night from the rosy bedroom, I pulled an electrically charged fleece pajama top over a tumble of caramel colored ringlets.



When the fleece separated from the tiny body which it had warmed, the ringlets sprang to life, a la Medusa; wild and radiant.



Lulu squeals, "Mom, look at my hair". I say, "Yes, it's crazy hair".

"No, it's not!", yells Lulu. "No, it's silly hair...", I say.



Lulu replies in a hushed voice, "No mom, it's wondrous hair".

She places her hand on my shoulder and with merriment, whispers in my ear, "It's magical hair mom".



Yes it is Lu.

9 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

that is amazingly creative. i love it. looks like she has your gene for finding the extraordinary in the small and simple.

Wendy said...

I'm in love with this post. I love that she knew wondrous and magical.

AMiller said...

It most definitely is wondrous.

em kawasaki said...

That is so very cute! I get frustrated with my electrically charged locks, next time I will try to think of them as wondrous.

diane said...

I love her magical hair.

Lynt said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Thanks for your kind words regarding my family. Your family and home are fantastic! Your writings are amazing. Well done. I hope everyone you meet takes the time to see that you are far more than an amazingly pretty face. You're a good human, Martha. Seriously. I'm better for knowing you. Thanks. And, yes, I'm pretty hard core, and have been this way since birth. My husband read your comment. He's still laughing. My boyfriend at Ricks described me exactly that way, "Hard Core." I know. I need to simmer down. But, I can't.

Insightful Nana said...

What fun photos. They are as magical as her hair. Love that Lu to death.

Nana

just jen said...

that's a nice way to look at static-y hair...i HATE when my hair has static.

Cecilia said...

How sweet! She is too cute for words!