Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Preface

So tonight, Brad's music room finally becomes relevant. We are holding the YW/YM combined activity in said room for the purpose of 60's/70's/80's/90's superstar karaoke.I am dressing to the tune of an 80's superstar(because I am best acquainted with the bodacious fashions), and am thinking of something along the lines of this,



for my hair. And this,



(or something like it, perhaps a little less titillating, although that would be a good way to get fired) for clothing.
I'll post pictures tomorrow, I just wanted to make you aware so there could be a bit of anticipation, or at least forewarn you.

While I was shopping at Deseret Industries for some awesome attire, I came upon these,




white milk glass vases for $.50!



I've been collecting milk glass vases(for a much more expensive price)and am thrilled.

Hot dog! Not only is it a beautiful inaugural day, christened with joy and hope, but I got lucky in American Fork, Utah!

9 comments:

Annie said...

Have fun! That sounds like a riot. Yes, definitely post pictures.

Sigh. The pictures of your kitchen always makes me feel so calm. I love it.

Insightful Nana said...

Great Find at the DI. Did you get that little green thing at the DI also?

Love you all!

Good Luck tonight!

Nana

just jen said...

i hope you plan on posting a picture later on...

i also love the DI, and i miss it like crazy.

the wrath of khandrea said...

i thought the getting lucky would come after the donning of the titillating 80's garb.

or after the milk vase purchase. whatever works for you guys. i don't judge.

Hazen5 said...

I think I might have to steal that idea for our YW/YM! Thanks

Wendy said...

I am dying over that little girls' hair. I'm sure you'll look totally freakin' awesome. :)

Shayleen Lunt said...

Looking forward to the furture pictures. I think those vases could have been my mom's. I won't be surprised one bit if it's a true story.

em kawasaki said...

Who are the people in that first picture?! That is the coolest family picture ever. I am sure you will rock the party.

I love your new D.I. purchase. You never know what treasure you might find there.

Sheri King said...

Your house is so you; I love it! Can't wait to see your 80's rock star look. Why is it so much fun to dress up?