Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sweet and Sassy Lulu


Lulu's name isn't really Lulu. Officially, it is Lucia Louise, but she doesn't know it.
Like Norah, Lucia's meaning is light. Unlike Norah Lulu looks just like my baby pictures, although I don't believe I grew up to be as beautiful an adult as Lulu is a child.Lulu's hair is a hue that belongs solely to children and even the best beautician cannot replicate it. At about 16 months, when she was done breastfeeding, Lulu developed a wicked ear infection that seemingly lasted for 14 months. A month ago a drowsy Lulu underwent a short surgery to be fitted with tubes. A new child emerged from that surgical room.
Lulu is stubborn, sassy, affectionate and loves to boogy. She has a squeal that could wake the dead and a seriously deep voice for a 2 1/2 year old.Her nemesis is the spider and she loves ice cream and her 'B'(blanket). Her Father and I never tire from laughing while watching her run. She has soulful eyes, a bewitching smile and I cannot help but love my Lulu.

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Beautiful. I love that last picture of LuLu...with the hair covering her eyes! GREAT!

Cottonia said...

I disagree with one thing. You were a beautiful child like Lulu and you just as beautiful now....with beautiful children. That's pretty good....and you found yourself living at high altitude in five years reading french poetry..

martha corinna said...

"Oui"