Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A Rainy day in June


When I was a child in Minnesota I loved rainy summer days. I would put my bathing suit on and run around the neighborhood dancing, splashing and feeling alive. As a grown woman living in Utah, I live for rainy summer days, they are few and far between, and a stimulating break from the dry heat. Unfortunately, today was chilly and I should probably spare my neighbors the sight of me running up and down the street half naked. The girls and I were on the lookout for something productive to do in this unaccommodating weather. Usually we water the plants, play in the sandbox or go on a walk. There was no need to water any plants this afternoon. The sandbox was soaked and the walk would leave poor Abram drenched and angry in his stroller. We decided rather than being productive, we would spend the time being silly and carefree. We tried out our new camera's delayed timer, danced to Otis Redding and practiced cart wheels in our basement. I would show you some pictures of the dancing and cart wheels but blogger refuses to upload them, bummer. These will have to do.

2 comments:

Cottonia said...

Lots of puddles down here too, Martha. Looks like the timer works ok. I thought maybe Abram took the pictures. You have a great family.

sarahlouise said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG! You are so open and warm Martha! I just can't stop thinking how excited i am to be a part of the family now :)
Nice items in the garden too! We should make a fresh mozarella and tomato salad with those beauties when we get together for dinner!