Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Our Supposed Spring Break

Challenger's spring break is this week (don't ask me why they can't possibly follow the public school schedule, maybe because they don't want to be helpful?), and it is going really, really well so far. That is sarcasm in case you missed it.




It's snowing and I think the flowers I just planted two days ago are mad at me, I don't blame them.

The dog pooped all over the basement floor this morning. She is the light of my life.




There is blue crayon everywhere: the office chair, the office door, the tile, the toys, the wood floor, shoes...

Someone sold Norah some crack, or at least it seems that way. Watch out for her.

And only 3 young women showed up last night for the activity. Oh personal progress, how can I make thee fun and exciting?

It's not all bad, I did get a new washer and dryer and now it doesn't sound like a tsunami is crashing through our kitchen ceiling everytime I do a wash.

These are for you Jenny (and all the other people who have asked why I haven't posted recipes in a while):

Italian Wedding Soup, I really enjoy this soup and most of my children will actually eat it. Not lulu, lulu doesn't eat anything--except bananas.


Hunter's minestrone


Swordfish with citrus pesto, this was really tasty as well, swordfish wasn't available so I just used halibut.

Seared tuna tostada, the roasted bell pepper vinaigrette was probably one of the best things I've ever tasted.

The ultiate fish tacos. My husband and I have eaten many a fish taco. I've tried all the recipes, and this one isn't new to me, but I thought you might like to give it a go because it is supreme. I mean people want to know how to get invited to my house supreme. That is not bragging because it is not my recipe, and sharing it does not mean I do not want to invite you to my house. I do, but I have blue crayon and dog poop to clean up.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you always had a dog? I can't seem to remember a picture.

And I'm still dying over your last Saturday's run stats--you're an animal!

Rochelleht said...

I still haven't planted flowers. Maybe this weekend. It was actually 86 today. This is pretty strange, as a week ago, it snowed again. UGH! That was OUR spring break.

Anonymous said...

love you. love your spring break. Call me when it's over!

Kristen said...

I love my children, but when the weather is bad, it seems like they get a bit stir crazy. Sounds like yours are doing the same. Hope your Spring Break gets better! (But checking the weather, doesn't look too good in that department.)

Wendy said...

Sounds like you've had a lovely week. :)

I recommend a blow dryer and dry rag for crayon removal, if you need any ideas.

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Thanks for posting recipes! Glad your spring break is going SO well!! Boo to the picky eater thing.. I hate it too.. hate it! I noticed sweet toast on Lu's poster at school though and thought "really, she eats over easy eggs?.. or eggs at all for that matter!" I was pretty impressed by that!

martha corinna said...

Yeah Carly, she does eat scrambled eggs--she calls them sweet eggs. I don't know where that came from.

As she gets older I think she is branching out a bit. Maybe.