Friday, March 19, 2010

Catching Up

The last month has been a little stressful. I received a new counselor and secretary last Sunday. Leading up to last week, I felt quite a bit of anxiety while choosing names and feeling a little overwhelmed with my duties. YW is busy. I've been sick for about 8 days now (I believe my sickness was augmented Saturday when I ran our 15 mile run feeling lousy, ended up running straight up the side of the mountain lost, and had to be rescued by a companion's husband, all while running 9 minute miles)my husband is out of town, and my brother's wedding dinner is at my house next week. Do you feel sorry for me yet?

Don't feel too bad for me, things are often stress filled, but there is much good as well.



Norah successfully turned seven. She is a whirling dervish out of whirl, but she is also sweet and sensitive.











We had a semi-successful bridal shower for my soon to be sister-in-law. My brother likes to snap a bunch of pictures all at once so that you are unprepared and unposed and so that you think he is sort of a freak.

I've had a few lunches for women at my home: my old presidency needed to be thanked, and one of my running companions had a mastectomy so we had a running lunch right before her surgery.

Speaking of running, things are going fairly well. We usually do some pace work on a seven mile course we have over on the hills by Ridgeline in Highland. Last week I ran it at an 8 minute mile average and really wasn't that tired. Even though it's only been 4.5 months since I began training, it is hard not to have expectations and to not put pressure on myself because I used to race in a former life. I don't know how to get around that. I am grateful though that I run with girls that do the same things to themselves because they are not exactly recreational runners either.

So life is continuing, although sometimes the pace is a little trying.

4 comments:

AMiller said...

Good job with the running. If you ever want to be lazy, we run 10 minute miles around here.
Norah is beautiful.

the wrath of khandrea said...

wow. this vicarious running is really wearing me out!

Rochelleht said...

I'm proud of you. I'm in a total exercise slump.

Your boots look fabulous!

Wendy said...

I shoulda made cookies. :)

I'm sorry you've been sick for so long! I'd be overwhelmed with all you've got on your plate. Running has got to be helping in the sanity department.

Congratulations to Norah for turning seven. I finally SAW whirling dervishes this last year--beautiful--I like the comparison.