Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Guess what I did today!



I actually fixed my hair! And in a somewhat-current style. I know! Yea me!

I had to document it because it may not happen for another 5 years.

Guess what else I did...I ran twenty miles of the Ogden course with my running partners on Friday evening. My awesome sister Sarah met us downtown in Odgen, drove us up past the start of the race and dropped us off in the middle of nowhere on the top of a mountain and then we ran 20 miles, in 2 hours 45 minutes mind you--which ends up being about 8:20 miles. I know! I did give myself an it band injury but I think it's on the mend (hopefully). I am starting to gain a bit of confidence about actually running the race.

I also have to mention that my friend Jenny met us afterward and drove 3 stinky, sweaty, excitment deprived moms to their car on her Friday night. Thank you Jenny.

And, I have to mention that my dad watched my kids. Thank you dad.

It takes a village to help a mom train for a marathon.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

You rock, Martha. Seriously. And what a blessing to have a village!

cathy said...

Nice-20 miles, thats great. What was the injury?

AMiller said...

WOW- that is awesome. And your hair did look great today. I was going to comment on it, but didn't.

Rochelleht said...

Wow. I really can't tell you how much you rock.

And how gorgeous you are.

the wrath of khandrea said...

i gotta say, your hair looks exactly the same to me. sorry. i know, who needs honesty?

i am amazed at what you're accomplishing with the running. really. good for you.

Unknown said...

Um, I'll teach you how to make a table if you teach me how to run a mile in under 9 minutes. Not 20 miles, just one will do!

You're incredible

em kawasaki said...

It was so good to see you the other day, both of us sweaty and probably a little stinky. I have posted on my blog just for you, and I think we should hang sometime. Anytime. Just let me know when you have time.