Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas-ish

Blogging has taken a back seat to fatigue and lack of motivation. I do not feel guilty, a woman's got to do what a woman's got to do to survive pregnancy. I still read all of your blogs and enjoy them immensely, I'm sure when I can no longer contain my need to complain and whine I will unleash the furry of it all upon you.
In the meantime, there are some photos that I wanted to share before they become too passe` and I become an ungrateful mother, wife, sister, and daughter.

Norah had her Christmas program at Cabela's last week. Brad put her hair in rollers the night before and I took all the credit the next day.







Of course Lulu always puts on her own show front and center stage. Poor Lu, someday the stage will be all yours.





Christmas eve evening produced a very cold snow storm.



We barely escaped death on Highway 92, a Christmas miracle for us.

After cheating death, we traveled south to my parents' home to do some celebrating.



There I made my world famous sea food chowder, maybe not quite world famous, but certainly west of the Mississippi famous.



I love my family. Really, I have the best family. I haven't always thought that but I do now. One of the things I love about my siblings and parents is the openness. Anything is up for discussion at my parents home, anything that is with the exception of S-E-X (my mother does not appreciate S-E-X talk, you've been forewarned). The conversation is always interesting and lively. Whether you are conservative or liberal, politics are always open for discussion (be careful to steer clear of my brother Bobby when talking politics, he's so right wing that he's left wing and he will leave you dazed and confused).




Philosophy, love, life, church, economics, art, literature, music, and small screen cinema are always hot topics at the Wright's. We love to talk, and I appreciate the thoughtfulness and insight that my siblings have. Times like these make me miss my brother Nate, he is thoughtful and always offers new perspectives and a sense of love for our fellow man.




Brad played Christmas music and hymns on his guitar while we sang.



Peter and Tim also played hymns on the piano while the singing trickled into none existence.



Tim brought his friend Joan (pronounced Jwaan) from Angola over for the celebrations. Joan was kind and good humored enough to laugh when my daughter Norah, climbed onto his lap and asked him why his skin was so black. Good job Norah.



Christmas eve was lovely.



I am grateful for a family that allows happiness. I am grateful for a place where I will always be allowed to be free with expression. I am grateful for a home which honors the Savior and teaches His love.

I hope you all had a good Christmas!

19 comments:

Paige said...

Cute pictures- your husband put her hair in curlers? he gets the best husband award right there.

cathy said...

I agree with Paige-Trent doesn't have a clue. By the way did you miss me...?jk I missed all of you! Thanks for posting all the pictures, I probable wouldn't see them any other way. Love ya

D-dawg said...

I, too, am impressed with the husband using rollers thing! And congrats on the pregnancy, that is so exciting. I hope you start to feel better soon!!?!

Shayleen Lunt said...

Did you teach Brad how to do that or is that a natural talent?
I chuckled when you said that your family is open to almost any topic. I found that a bit eye opening when I first met the Wright family...it sure made it the cool place to hang out though ;)

Trish said...

Merry Christmas! Glad to see you check in when you can...we all understand, but miss you at the same time.

ps. You'll be even more jealous of the red kitchen when I tell you it was the floor model, and I got each piece for 50 - 75% off!!! My lucky day, I guess.

Jake said...

Merry Christmas! Your family is beautiful.

Wendy said...

Your Christmas with family sounds wonderful. Neither my family nor dh's are so open in the large group settings--there must be some emotional safety amongst you all--what a great thing! It's certainly something I value and am grateful for in the family relationships where it is present. Anyway, I'm rambling, enjoying ds' good nap with my right hand free this time! :)

Nathan said...

This makes me miss everyone so much! Thanks for the pictures and the play by play, Martha! And thanks for the kind words...I'm glad you see me that way, I think other people see my perspective as a little "black sheep-ish" and think I just like to stir the pot, but then again--no body understands me the way you do!
love you!

em kawasaki said...

Looks like a real party! Wish I was there to hear brad's performance and taste the seafood chowder - maybe next time if I promise not to hog all the seafood?

Crystal said...

Sounds like you have a great Family... It aeems like we all have to become older to realize how great they really are! I'm still trying I guess, my family is interesting to say the least. Does this mean our kids will not think that we are as cool as we most certainly are?

the wrath of khandrea said...

i'll say it again... i'm GLAD you're having another baby. just look at those adorable kids! you owe it to the world to keep that gene pool strong.
glad you had a fun holiday. nothing like a little mental stimulation to remind you you are a human being as well as a mommy.

Rochelleht said...

Your children have the BEST clothes!! Got home from vacation tonight to your gorgeous Christmas card.

Lindz said...

That was great about the comment from Norah to Joan. You have to love kids, they are so honest and speak the truth.

Celia Fae said...

It is true, I like to look at your pictures just to see what your funky daughters are wearing. I wish I could pull off funky.

Nice recap. I'm amazed you are still blogging at all. I loved looking at your beautiful Christmas card and imagining another little life with you!

The Christensen Family said...

Hope you are feeling better... Just be proud to have survivied the holidays -- I know that I am! :) Your family seems really sweet and super entertaining. Miss you - we should do lunch...

just jen said...

I love family discussions...in my family there is nothing off limits...not even S-E-X!!!

mindy said...

It's easy to tell that you have a great family.. imediate and extended:) Really hope you're feeling okay.

King Family said...

merry christmas! i always enjoy reading your blog so thanks for posting. i am also impressed that your hubby pur her hair in curlers..that's awesome.

Erica said...

I'm glad you had a great Christmas. I'm always torn when it's over--glad the hussle and bussle is over with but sad that it's gone for another year! I loved seeing the pictures of your family. I could barely recognize Bobbi! He looks like Abe! Call me when you get a chance!