Thursday, May 31, 2007

Song Sung Blue

Leave it to a wedding to make me melancholy. Not that it wasn't a beautiful wedding. The sun was shining, the sealing memorable, the flowers lovely, the entertainment awesome and my brother made a very handsome groom and we are all grateful that such a beautiful, kind, gentle girl said yes to Andy's marriage proposal. Now the wedding is over and I am left with a touch of the blues. This wedding was an opportunity for my family to be reunited after a number of years. Not only have we not seen our extended family for a while but our 'nucleus', as my Father likes to say, has not been together in quite a while. I anticipated being able to visit, laugh, tell stories, catch up and maybe take a few pictures. I don't know why, as an event approaches, I forget what it is like to be a mother of very young children. Not only did very little visiting take place but I have no pictures from the big event. My arms were full of babies, or as I verbalize it, "My babies full of arms", my IQ seems to trickle out with my breast milk, but the latter maybe just as true as the former. Sometimes being a mother is hard, I was a little overwhelmed with my responsibilities this past week. It would have been nice to have the freedom to "hangout" or to take some pictures for my blog and posterity. There are times I feel left out because for the last 4 years I have always had a baby at my breast or on my hip. I'm really not complaining about being a mother, I love my children more than anything, it's just that sometimes... Anyway, to my brothers and sisters, I love and miss you. To my cousins, uncles and aunts, I love and miss you as well. It was wonderful to see you all.
And Brad, I would have loved to have posted some pictures of your singing and guitar playing, sorry, I love you too.

A few of the pictures we did manage to get:



At the bridal shower. Seriously Sarah, this is the only one that I got, and you, the bride, are not looking!





A few pictures from Norah's dance recital





Norah and Lulu at the family picture site



Norah and her cousin Maddy



My appendage, J. Abram and me.



I do love him so.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Martha! Awww...I kind of know what you mean, but I think that because I am a bit freer (ie no children) got to enjoy it more. I wish you and I could have chatted more, but I love you and the conversation we had certainly was a catalyst for thought. I love you and hope you keep posting. I'll send some more pics if you like, Trav did a great job. I LOVE YOU & your family, Marfa...!!!

Cottonia said...

Martha! Everyone reads you! I understand but I think you have the answer anyway. Mom can always give you the best advice....."get over it!" Am I a bad dad?