Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Family Pictures...


Since we like to make it a nail biter...we waited until this last Sunday to have our family Christmas card photos taken by my sister in-law Kate. Taking family pictures with a bunch of little children is always something special.






But this year, it wasn't so horrible.




Kate is good at what she does, and my children were promised suckers, so I suppose you cannot go too wrong with a sugar incentive.






It has been ridiculously cold outside so because of our profound procrastination, we now have inside photos.







This is one of my favorites because only 2 of my children have their tongues sticking out. Score.




But oh my beautiful girls. I promised them sound of music hair.










You know, the family photos I love of my youth, are not the ones where everyone is perfectly positioned and behaved (as if those even exist), the family photos I love to look at are the ones that make me laugh and remind me of my siblings' young personalities.



So maybe family pictures aren't something to stress over,





maybe they should just be enjoyed.






And if all else fails we always have the photo below to beautify our 2009 Christmas card.


12 comments:

Jake said...

Great great photos. I love Sound of Music hair.

Annie said...

Sound of music hair! I love it. The pictures are fabulous and I don't think you could have a bad picture taken of you if you tried!

cathy said...

They are good shots of you guys. I really think that one of Brad needs to be included on the Christmas cards-seriously.

Rochelleht said...

Those are GREAT!! Your kids are awesome. Love the tongue comment. I laughed out loud. Brad looks great in that last shot. You are gorgeous.

I expect a card this year. I think I was inadvertently left off the list last year...

Kristen said...

I love the pictures Martha! Your family is so adorable! Aren't family pictures the best? Fond memories (once they are over that is!).

Tara said...

Love the hair, love Abrahm's smile, adore the last photo of Rosemary.

the wrath of khandrea said...

ooohh... i likey!!

diane said...

Gorgeous pictures.

My favorite family pictures are the one in which my son had a contusion on his head, my daughter refused to take off her candy necklace and the oldest is scowling.

em kawasaki said...

What a gorgeous family!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous! You didn't wear the skirt! Be sure to call me if you head down to Anthro to exchange it.

And talk about procrastination-- I still haven't taken Christmas card photos. I think I need wardrobe advice.

love you! M

Unknown said...

so darling.

I actually like that they are taken inside--spices things up a bit.

thesuperfantasticbeeders said...

So stinkin' cute, I used to have beautiful sound of music hair every Christmas, woven with Christmas ribbons, fantastic!