Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 II

So here is the second installment and these photos are not cohesive or in any order nor will they make much sense because there is something wrong with my web browser and it is not cooperating with blogger and really, I don't have time for this kind of temperamental behavior.


This is in Michigan, check out the stroller in the water, this is how Rosemary enjoyed the water-sitting in it in a stroller.



I can frequently be heard to tell the children to run to the mudroom to put on their shoes. Before Rosemary could walk, this is how she would respond to the command.





These are the petoskeys we found in Michigan. If you are walking the beaches of the northern lower peninsula and you aren't looking for petoskeys, you just aren't living.



The sailboat named "The Norah".



More beach.



Lulu's birthday at Challenger. Check out Rosemary's tongue. People always ask me if it fits in her mouth.



Beautiful Lulu on her birthday.



One of Brad's clients gave him first row tickets to the Jazz game last Saturday that included the Jazz club 100 buffet. I don't really know anything about the Jazz, but I do know a little bit about free (expensive) buffets.





We spent a lot of time walking the paths of Thanksgiving Point's garden this summer.



We also took the kids to the They Might Be Giants concert. So so fun. STOMP YOUR FEET!



The pines in Michigan.



At the zoo on a cold day.



A way too docile lynx.



A very undocile praying mantis taking down a grasshopper in my garden. That praying mantis was my hero.


More Thanksgiving Point.



Our traditional breakfast Christmas morning: crab Benedict.



The kids and Brad walking to the concert.




For a joint mutual activity we took a fun private tour of the state capital. Remember when they were renovating it to make it earthquake proof. Well I guess these are the earthquake proof parts. They are like giant slinkys (that was the professional description that our tour guide gave us and since he was the chief of staff of the speaker of the house, I believe they are giant slinkys).



Abram's birthday cake. It's my first decorated cake and I ran out of black gel, but Abram didn't seem to notice and thought he had entered cake heaven.




These girls came into town at the beginning of August. We were all roommates, worked together, saw each other through some serious break-ups, make-ups, heartbreaks, and laughter. We also all served missions:Japan, Hong Kong, Nova Scotia, and Provo. We now have 15 children between us.



There are many gaps and missing pages, but that is the way it feels. It's been a Tasmanian devil of a year. But I will miss my boy being two, and my baby being a baby, and Norah's little teeth, and Lulu taking naps. I'm hoping that 2010 will be the last that I ever see of Abram's diapers.

6 comments:

Rochelleht said...

CUTE pictures!! What a fun thing to do a year in review. I'm too lazy, so I'll enjoy everyone else's reviews. ;-)

Anonymous said...

love it. And I'm so grateful that you include photos of yourself. :)

AMiller said...

Please, please, please can I have your recipe for crab benedict? I kept feeling like we should have crab for Christmas, but we went with the usual (and cheaper) ham. But breakfast with crab and eggs benedict - those are two things I think I could fall in love with.

And the rest of the year looks awesome - but that crab benedict - yum yum.

Wendy said...

Darling pictures!! And I have GOT to go to Michigan to gather some petoskeys. Those look awesome.

Trainer Momma said...

Just beautiful pics and even more beautiful family. Wow -- you've got some serious style, girl. I'm going to keep perusing your blog so I can add a little class to my life. Fun blog!

Anonymous said...

It will be great to watch Lulu, i have bought tickets from
http://ticketfront.com/event/Lulu-tickets looking forward to it.