Monday, October 12, 2009

On A Right of Passage



When your first child walks early it is clearly representative of the child's parents' intelligence, success, and outstanding athletic ability.



When your second child learns to walk, you say, "That's nice".



When your third child learns to walk, you mutter a "whatever".



And when your fourth child arrives, you whisper fervently in their ear, "please stay small, fit in my pocket and be my baby forever, don't grow-or walk--please, please, please!".



And when they disobey you, you cry and let them go on a cloudy October day.

5 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

she is edible. my condolensces and congratulations all at once.

Wendy said...

Ditto.

I'm amazed by how much she's grown!

diane said...

And when your baby girl walks out the door to go to college...I'll let you know. I fear I may go with her.

Your baby is a little doll.

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

I think Rosemary needs to have a conversation with my Jocelyn..who is still crawling!!!! Everyone says "oh..you don't want them to start walking" But she's 14 months..I think it's about time! Congratulations Rosemary!!

kellykumquat said...

I feel this way about my second child! (Don't know if I'll ever get to four children) It's a serious bummer when your baby is no longer. . .your baby.