Monday, April 27, 2009

Site Unseen



The past few weeks have been a bit bruising. So goes the ebb and flow.

Amidst the purplish blues I've taken inventory.

Fettered precariously about me rub crippling vices and stinging commentary. Raw and exhausted I asses truth.



Time dissolves whether I run or walk. It's lost regardless of pain or peace.

Often, time employs me instead of me taking my time.



My truth is to make gold.

After listening to a friend teach gospel doctrine, I approached her to share my appreciation. She said preparing for the lesson changed her life-"At least for today", she added with a laugh. Giggling, I commiserated with her about the spiritual ADD I seem to have. Sweeping moments beckon my heart toward my potential. Momentarily I see a lighted path that feels tangible. But always my head turns back to the fetters as the hiss drowns the whisper.

Making gold is hard.

Much is required-pretty much all I have.











And lots and lots of all consuming, shameless love.







And a calming distraction (like sewing skirts and pillows).



And laughs brought on by a boy who breastfeeds his bear (by his navel of course).

7 comments:

just jen said...

i recently realized that my spiritual needs have not been taken care of lately...

no wonder have i have felt so crappy...

it takes my husband leaving for me to realize how much i need the gospel, what kind of heathen does that make me?

em kawasaki said...

By his navel? Not a bad idea.

Valarie said...

Love the last two posts - your blog is so fun and the Easter outfits were adorable!Your family was the highlight of the talent show - they did a great job!

Insightful Nana said...

The spiritual journey is certainly a lifetime expedition. I often weary of the trek. At my age... the admonishment to "endure to the end" has taken powerful significance!

the wrath of khandrea said...

well at least you have wednesday to look forward to, right? i am, of course, referring to the big reveal of my less-than-clever tattoo.

sarahlouise said...

lol what a sweet boy! glad to see you up and running again :)

Wendy said...

I needed this today, Martha. Thank you.