Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mother Love




There are discrepancies between the love I have for each of my children.

With some, the flow is easy. Copious kisses and squishing snuggles stifle any budding wedge between us.

With another, practice and prayers are required.

And with Lulu: she leads and I follow.



Her pink grip of steel has taught me to be a physical mother.

Her unfailing script (day in day out) reads:

"I want to hold you"

"I want to give you a hug and kiss"

"Can I scoot by you?"



Any anger directed toward her is quickly dissolved by a frantic plea for reassurance that my love still exists. And I learn my lesson.



She is an organic child; no pretense or guile.

As much as I feel for her and as many needs as she has; I believe I need her more than she needs me.


7 comments:

DeLynn said...

I'm so glad The 'G' Train is back! Oh, how I've missed it so!

Trish said...

I believe I need my children more than they need me, too. Funny how that works, huh?

Long Family said...

I love reading your posts-this one is beautiful! Carson and I both love Lulu-

Anonymous said...

this just makes me want to give you a hug. Love you M, and I have so much to talk to you about. I'll call soon.

Insightful Nana said...

Sweet Lu. I love her too. I admire her independent nature... and she's so smart.

Love you all.

Nana

Rochelleht said...

Oh, beautiful words. So true and poetic. Those that challenge us the most bring the biggest rewards, I think.

Anonymous said...

Oh so true. It is easier to love some than others. I feel completely guilty about it at times. When Davis was a baby, my Dad told me that we just had to develop a iron tight bond and that's why he was so difficult. True or not - I still think of that weekly if not daily. It's gotten me through some tough days.