Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Renew



I've decided to become publicly accountable for the goals I've set after listening to the 179th LDS conference.

I am sharing my goals in the hope that if you happen to catch me behaving contrary to these goals, you will remind me (gently please) that I am falling short.

Of course, the goals will be accompanied by our conference weekend photos.



1. I will be more honest when deciphering between my wants and my needs.



2. I will doubt less and will allow myself to feel discouraged less.



3. I will be a pioneer.



4. I will seek the Lord's advice more in my service.



5. I will continually invite happiness and the spirit of the Lord into my home.



6. I will open my heart to more love and greater acts of kindness.



7. I will remember how precious the Savior's atonement is and how applicable it is to my daily struggles.



8. I will be more grateful, more teachable, and offer more of myself.



9. I will be more willing to share the blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ.



10. I will love like crazy, and remember just how blessed I am to have such a life.

10 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

lofty goals, which i am sure you will achieve.

Wendy said...

Wonderful goals, Martha. I'm looking forward to reading conference, since I only heard one or two talks all the way through. Then I will set some goals myself. :)

I am happy to be a cheerleader. :)You really do inspire me in many ways. I'm glad & grateful we've met.

diane said...

I served in the Canada Montreal mission.

Don't forget to exercise the "power to shoes." Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Anonymous said...

the best conference report I've seen yet(and I've seen a few!).

love you M.

em kawasaki said...

Good goals, mind if I adopt a few?

No baby yet, remember your picture of a big fat hog laying on its side? It can't help but spring to mind every time I try to move.

Kristin said...

Hi Martha, I love your blog! I snoop sometimes to see what you're up to, but I am usually too ashamed to comment! Your house is beautiful, something from a magazine. And the main reason I have found the guts to admit my snooping is because I want to know how you made those tissue pom pom things from your daughters b-day? Also, I absolutely love the color of your front door! Love, Kristin Pendleton

Insightful Nana said...

Conference has given me much to reflect on also.

Jake said...

Great post, Martha! I also make a whole bunch of "Conference Resolutions" every fall and spring. Here's to making them reality...

Erica said...

I've enjoyed reading your goals, I need to set my own, too. I like to wait until the Ensign comes so I can read them through.

So cool you got spotlighted as a guest on another blog!

See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post. Those are all really great goals. I was also inspired by the conference.