Monday, March 9, 2009

Weekend Edition



This blog has served as a journal/documentation of sorts {because heaven knows this is the only place that I do document; lazy artist that I am}, and an opportunity for self expression. My blog has also served me well as a faithful friend finder/maker. Thank you.

It has occurred to me that my children, my husband and I, might actually be interested in some of the little events that take place in our lives and not just in my self-serving pontificating. So in an effort to bring the past into our future, here are the trivial, but lovely moments of our weekend:





Norah lost her third tooth. And this time, it did not wash down the drain.






The tooth was lost while eating a Costco hot dog. Hot dogs are contraband in our home {Norah's pediatrician banned them when it was determined that Norah was experiencing migraines}, but when Brad and Norah shop at Costco they like to walk on the wild side.



Brad and I love Pad Thai. We unfortunately date very little, but we sometimes get take out, and it usually involves Pad Thai. So last Friday, I made Cook's Illustrated Pad Thai, and I must say it was a spectacular success. Brad even thinks it's better than any of the restaurant versions we've eaten.



Abram has truly been something else. You are welcome for the becoming photograph. I dread taking him anywhere. Which brings us to the next story:



My selfless brother Peter, gave up his Saturday night to watch our children while we attended the evening session of stake conference. Of course, we showed up an hour early and therefore wasted an hour of Peter's time because I am unable to read email.

The next morning, Brad and I switched off during the morning session of stake conference because Abram is on fire with antagonism. My turn was the last hour and it was the longest hour of my life. Sorry to Steph and Mac who had to endure possibly 2 hours of my daughters' endeavors to perform high impact aerobics by the light of the dimly lit cultural hall.




Norah created a farm exhibit in our basement. Art imitating life I presume.




Norah has been wanting to use our camera to take pictures. I have hesitated, but...she created this be beauty. There were a few photos in this series which made me realize that I need to take my workouts a little more seriously. I have been pretty serious, but now I need to get Terminator 2 serious.

Which brings me to my next tid bit. We purchased 6 boxes of girl scout cookies because nothing says serious like eating a whole sleeve of Trefoils.

11 comments:

Annemarie said...

Stake Conference with children should be banned. What happened to the Primary that used to be provided when we were little?

Anonymous said...

I love these tidbits of your life-- and I think you need to share your Pad Thai recipe. On second thought, I'll just come over for dinner. ;)

just jen said...

i am having a little love affair with pad thai myself...but only the chicken one.

i don't do shrimp.

diane said...

The trivial is sublime. I love your daughter's art installation. The last photo is also a piece of fine art.

em kawasaki said...

The Girl scouts are out with their cookies? I will not rest until I have at least a few boxes. That being said, you look fantastic, but if you wait a month or two I may be in the market for a terminator 2 workout buddy.

P.S. I LOVE Cook's Illustrated.

sarahlouise said...

I hear you with the trefoils. I polished mine off this morning.......ugh..... but they are so delectable and buttery

Wendy said...

"on fire with antagonism" --!!! Great phrase! This was so fun to read! Great pics, as usual! Norah did very well.

Girl Scout cookies . . . mmmmm.

HappYness said...

Did the Girl Scouts ambush you at Wal-mart too? I was all set. I was being such a good girl. Then BAM. There they were. Stinking cute little faces... they got me. :)

Rochelleht said...

Hmmmm... I just pretty much got one things from that post.

Nice Sweater!

The Christensen Family said...

toothless grins melt my heart. let's just be so grateful that it is happening nice and early... we can totally hope for a pretty smile come baptism! :)
you never cease to amaze me with your cooking endeavors. we need to swap ideas and recipes. not sure I want my husband to know your better than me though...
we love your girls and they can sit by us anytime! super entertaining and totally adorable. just love your family...

The Christensen Family said...

and ps... no diet needed... or stick with your girl scout cookie diet. I have yet to run into some, but at night I hear SAMOAS calling my name. pray that I can resist. time for me to be terminator serious too... :)