Monday, March 30, 2009

Finding My Way

Cue the Joni Mitchell if you wish.




In trying to find my way forward, I often toil to unearth my roots.
I yearn for the lucid rays that gently light a child's view and bewitch bruises and melancholy.



If I could capture the eager wonderment which enchants dewy slugs and spins mythical spells on chaos; surely the peace would settle. At the moment peace brushes briefly; as a feather-only to flit away just beyond my fingertips.



The effortless stillness swaying easy and meekly. Sometimes frantically I try to force it's space.



I try to recall how to find amusement in every crevice and shadow. I try to dissolve scar tissue in an effort to resurface.





I clutch at fragments, hoping to piece together enough of a portrait to study.





As I chase the golden light I hope it's beams cast youth's treasure spilling gleefully against rumpled skin and spirit.




I look upward hoping to be bathed and cleansed of the scales and confusion.






























And as time cruelly shows me no mercy, I hope my choices are enough.

8 comments:

Annie said...

Those choices...they are more than enough. Lovely sentiments and photos. Your children have the most amazing eyes!

the wrath of khandrea said...

i love your baby pictures. unless i'm a total idiot, they look exactly like you.

you are so poetic. i love the perspective you take and the words you use to express it. it reminds me not to be so sarcastic every once in awhile.

Insightful Nana said...

Fun post. I sure do love those babies.

Nana

em kawasaki said...

Beautifully written and photographed Martha. I sometimes wish I could live in your world and see things so prettily through your viewfinder. I wish my house was as clean as yours and that I remembered to take more pictures of my kids, you are a good mom.

AMiller said...

"If I could capture the eager wonderment which enchants dewy slugs and spins mythical spells on chaos; surely the peace would settle."
If only!
And HELLO beautiful family of captivating eyes. Wow!

Rochelleht said...

Your kids TOTALLY look like you. Beautiful!

queenieweenie said...

those eyes are to die for.

Anonymous said...

lovely, lovely-- you are a poet my friend.