Friday, December 19, 2008

True Love

There is something you should know.
I am helplessly, hopelessly, undeniably, ablaze with desire for perfect chicken.
I'm not talking KFC. Sacrilege.
I'm talking perfection.



Over time I have come upon some fairly brilliant chicken recipes that I've fallen for.

There was the Chicken Kiev. A butter lover's dream come true.

Ina's chicken bouillabaisse. Where I learned to overcome my fear of raw eggs in the name of felicity.

Ina's chicken with 40 cloves of garlic. When flavor reigns over delicate breath and friendship.

Tyler's ultimate chicken salad sandwich. Brie, toasted walnuts, apples, yes, yes, yes.

None of these prepared me for the yearning and devotion I now posses for this beauty. Oh.My.Goodness. Last night may have well been Christmas for me. It was a bit of trouble. My kitchen was a bit smoky. My wrists are a bit sore from lifting the heavy pan in and out of the oven, but, oh...the love.

Some of my favorite things in life:
pine nuts.check.
garlic.check.
arugula.check.
crusty bread.check.
perfect roasted chicken.check.
crispy blistered chicken skin.check
buttery chicken juices.check.



Try it. You will not be disappointed. For the crusty peasant bread, I made this, simply because I forgot to buy some at the store, but it was a good find.
This may be the holy grail of chicken, if it's not let me know what is please?

7 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

why must you torment me so? i'm still having naughty fantasies about the panini. now i have to deal with a chicken on top of it? it's about to get ugly up in here.

Michelle said...

ok, yum. I have to try that!!

Wendy said...

It looks divine, except I'd leave out the arugula (sorry). Now if you're not looking for gourmet chicken, but finger-lickin-better-than-kfc-chicken, my Grandma made THE BEST FRIED CHICKEN IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD.

How I wish I'd learned it from her.

Jake said...

My mouth is watering and I don't even like chicken very much. Maybe I've just been making it wrong all these years!

just jen said...

you have inspired me...i think we will be trying this recipe very soon.

sarahlouise said...

GREAT recipe!!! Yum yum yum

queenieweenie said...

oh...YUM!