Thursday, December 11, 2008

Spreading Some Serious Sunshine

I woke at 3am this morning, covered in perspiration and unable to swallow.
After Norah was off to kindergarten, I loaded 3 unhappy children into the car and headed to the urgent care where I waited an hour for the highly anticipated pronouncement of "you tested positive for strep and your son has an ear infection".




By the time these diagnoses and a few perscriptions were laid upon me, I was late to pick up Norah. I raced back to Traverse Mountain, waited my turn in line, buckled her in and headed back into Lehi.




We waited our turn in line at the Walgreen's drive through and were told it would be at least a half an hour. Rosemary took great exception to this and told me in baby speak that she was done waiting.



With my baby now nestled in her bed and still no antibiotics (but great amounts of perspiration), it is with great pride that I say, at least I am done decorating for Christmas.



My house is warm, my fireplaces are lit, I am highly contentious and confrontational (I just picked a fight with the furnace repair man who repaired the furnace at our rental and got $85 off of our bill) and I am contagious-so watch out for me.



This is what I get for forgetting to list the 'luxury' of good health.

10 comments:

Hazen5 said...

Your house looks amazing! Too bad you have to be sick to get it all done. Feel better soon!

diane said...

So sorry. You need ice cream.

Rochelleht said...

Strep sucks. So sorry. On the bright side, your house is stunning.

just jen said...

i didn't know adults could get strep throat...i am sorry!

on the bright side, your house looks amazing. i love the blue and silver, that is my current favorite color combination.

the wrath of khandrea said...

i am sick today. i will be posting. compare the two, and suddenly it will become painfully evident which of us is the stronger woman.

congratulations.

Unknown said...

At least your home looks great! And I mean, GREAT! Sorry about the perspiration and strep, not so jolly!

Nathan said...

I am sorry you're sick. Strep is bad news, but thank the powers of good for antibiotics. You will be better soon and be able to enjoy both your beautiful christmas decorations and any other repair men who visit your house this holiday season!

love and miss you like crazy!

Cecilia said...

I'm sorry you're sick! At least you house looks amazing!

Lindz said...

Your decorations are beautiful. I love them.

Annie said...

On the bright side, your house looks amazing! Hope you feel better soon...thanks for stopping by my blog. So nice to meet you! It looks like we know some of the same bloggy people :).