Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Updates

I originally began this blog in order to document my family, I wasn't doing such a hot job before May of 2007. I hoped to capture moments of my children's lives that I'm sure would dwindle along with my memory.
I feel as if maybe I've deviated a little from my true intent. So this post is to update everyone and remind my future self of the happenings of early 2008.



Brad is still working hard to take care of us at Griffiths & Turner. He is also solely responsible for the packing and loading of the magnificent eyesore (the pod) that is parked in front of our home. He is good to let me lie on the bed, feeble and listless.



I am feeble and listless. You get no current picture of me because I look like CRAP. If you came here for sunshine, you'll have to skip this part because I'm not spreading any.
The bacon cheese burger phase is over, I threw it up last night. I've moved on to dolce de leche and apples. Is there anything better than an apple? Simple perfection. Oh, I like Ruffles potato chips too. Did you want to talk about food? Because I can go on for hours. Food is my friend and my foe, my nemesis and my dearest friend (food is my friend, pregnancy is not).



Norah spends her time at preschool and watching for the abominable snowman in the daily blizzards. She asks me if the sound of the wind is the snowman. She wonders if daddy is tougher than the abominable snowman. She asks me if we are safe in our house. At least she eats her oranges every morning. Genius (but naughty) me told her that the abominable snowman doesn't like the smell of oranges on little children. I know that I'm bad, but I'm feeble.



Lulu started primary this year. I hid in the back of the room during opening exercises in order to check to see if she was dialed into what was going on. Last week, while the president did sharing time, she sat in the front row reading a book-never looking up. The week before, she played with a doll during sharing time. When singing time started she poped up and sang loud and proud, but I was concerned. I asked the president about Lulu. Brooke knows my concerns and so she said she put a picture of Christ in front of Lulu during sharing time while she had her head down looking at a book. Brooke asked Lulu who the picture was of. Lulu said, "Jesus Christ". All that really matters is that she knows who Jesus is, right?



Abram may or may not be close to walking. He does give the best kisses though. He is very close to being weened. See why I am feeble?


GUESS WHAT WE SAW MONDAY?






I was really hoping to not know what the sex of this baby was until it's birth.

How was I supposed to know that we would see a penis at an 11 week ultrasound?

28 comments:

Leslee said...

Yeah, I get to be the first to comment! I love how "real" your blogs are - it's entertaining! And I'd probably say something like the abominable snowman liking oranges, too - whatever works, right?

Nathan said...

YIPPEE!!! Congratulations! Now you have two girls and two boys! A perfect round even number! That must be the end, right?

Shayleen Lunt said...

It really will be the PERFECT family! ;) That is what everyone says, right? Congratulations on seeing a penis at 11 weeks...that's unheard of (or so I thought). I think food would be the focus of my life if I were nursing and pregnant! When done, I would have to ween myself off of food.
ps I'm SURE you do not look like crap (I've always wanted to write that word in my blog, but haven't gotten the nerve too yet.)

Trish said...

Another boy! Yay! And I would have to agree with others here...have you ever really looked like crap? I don't think so.

Jake said...

Wow. That is one proud little fetus! I would watch out for him...

just jen said...

i wish you would write more about food...i am obsessed with it too. I am glad that Abrahm is getting a brother...yeah!!

Fordney said...

I am SUPER happy about you having a boy. First, b/c then you hopefully can be done and give your body the rest that it surely needs and secondly- I can have all your girl clothes!! Selfish reason- but I was really pulling for you to have a boy!

Heather Anna said...

Are you sure that's a penis? It looks like a white blob to me :-).

Hang in there. It's fine to sell out . . .really! My kids are watching tv in the morning and afternoon. Last week we had pizza one night, leftover pizza the next night, and the rest of the week went something like scrambled eggs and toast, pancakes, . . .you get the picture.

em kawasaki said...

Wow -29 weeks old and already an exhibitionist. Nice.

I am glad your burger phase is over so you can clear your conscience and I agree with your apple phase. I ate apple after apple after apple with Calvin. Sometimes I ate them plain sometimes with caramel, sometimes with peanut butter, sometimes with cheese and I loved all of them!

I might consider getting pregnant just to avoid packing up my house and moving, are you sure you didn't plan that?

the wrath of khandrea said...

pretty sure that was just an outie belly button. don't go buying blue just yet. but hurry up and get into your fried cheese curds phase. i hate eating alone.

martha corinna said...

I've always been the girl that is skeptical about early ultrasounds. I never even get them until 20 weeks. But I switched to a different hospital and a better dr. The Dr. is the one who insisted that was a penis so I'm just going with him. I don't care either way, but I would have to put my money on the penis.

AMiller said...

I love your little family - and your posts. That is very exciting that you are having a boy - I want another one. There is just some special connection with boys. Of course Tim says that he loves his boy and adores his girls. I guess it works out for us this way.

Wendy said...

I hope Norah gets to see the abominable snowman.

Congrats on the boy!!

Insightful Nana said...

Wow! Way to go... I hope your Doc is right. Two girls and two boys! They'll be great friends!

Nana

the wrath of khandrea said...

i would like to know how many other times in your life you used the expression, "i would have to put my money on the penis"

honestly.

Cameron, Jenny and Family said...

That scared me a little at first. I don't know why, but when I first saw the u/s pic I saw two circles and my first thought was "AAAAWWW TWINS!" Now that would've been crazy for you. Now my eyes have adjusted to the image and I see one baby boy. Congratulations!

D-dawg said...

For sure that's a penis. And congratulations on a baby boy! How fun. I hope you feel better soon though?

Celia Fae said...

Thank you for using anatomically correct descriptions. How refreshing. Congratulations and I hope you feel better soon. I'm pretty sure Lulu knows who Jesus is. Light of Christ, right?

Tate Family said...

Hung like a horse already...2 girls and 2 boys...YIPEE!!!

mindy said...

two girls and two boys.. that's perfection. You can always count on the boy to strut his stuff:)
Oh, I don't care how pregnant you are.. I'm pretty sure you couldn't look like crap even if you wanted to!

Annemarie said...

What a cute family! Congratulations, boys are crazy and so much fun!

Lindz said...

Congrats on the boy! You do whatever it takes for your kids to eat the healthy stuff.

King Family said...

Congrats Martha! That is great...you will have a perfect Disneyland Family!!!!

The Christensen Family said...

Congrats Martha! I so enjoyed our little chat this week. Thanks for listening to me whine and talk through all my creative choices... You are an inspiration! Just adore you...

Laurie said...

Another boy! How exciting for you. I could not love you more!

Kelie said...

that is so wonderful! Another boy! congratulations! love the updates on everyone, I could talk food with you endlessly! ha ha!

Erica said...

I am so happy for you--hey, something is wrong with this picture, I was the 1st you told the sex to and yet I am #27 to comment. I better get on the ball! I sure love boys, they are so fun. Secretly I am jealous that you are pregnant and not me--weird, huh? I don't envy the sickness and the general toll it takes, I would just love to have another. We'll see....
Hey, will you even get this comment since by this point you have probably lost count!?!

Rochelleht said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What fun to have 2 of each and so close in age. I know you're not so much feeling that right now, but someday, you'll be so glad they are close and good friends. That is so super exciting!!