Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tuesday Night Movie Star



Two days ago I hosted Movie Star Karaoke for the YM and YW at my house. We included the ward we split from last October because our youth group tends to be lean these days.

I decided to avoid any and all skank and try to class it up a bit (I try.)

My secretary, Katie, is a hairdresser and one of her secretarial duties is to fix my hair for such activities. She spent some time ratting, but discovered I have heavy hair, yeah, shocker. So, a ball was placed under the hair in order to achieve the effect. And I walked around with this hair all day, cleaning, driving, digging in the dirt, waving at the passing cars. I'm the neighborhood crazy.



I was Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady. I don't think anybody got it. Maybe no one has seen My Fair Lady. Have you?




















Oh well, at least I still (kind of) fit into my wedding dress.


Good times. Tuesdays leave me exhausted and exhilarated all at once.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Looks like a party!!! You looked beautiful!

em kawasaki said...

I seem to remember your wedding dress being somewhat poofier... No? I bet the young women just love you. It's about time for our anual get together, are you as excited as I am?

Rochelleht said...

You looked GREAT! You have some major Young Women stamina, girl.

kellykumquat said...

Okay, I am so digging your Audrey Hepburn look. Big fan. Way to go on the marathon AND fitting into your wedding dress. Ate at REEFS KITCHEN in park city and thought of you. Better Mediterranean food than CAfe Med by a long shot. We should go!