Monday, June 16, 2008

Current Events

So, yeah, I am a bit of a delinquent when it comes to blogging. The computer is still at my old home (which is only 2 miles away), but I have a very small window of opportunity to actually get out and run errands and so forth. I actually enjoy not having a computer about 80% of the time, I am a very productive mom, especially for being 33 weeks pregnant. My house is clean and organized (most of the time), my kids are not very neglected (most of the time), I've had a number of friends over for lunch (thank you Laurie W. for bailing me out), and I have time to think (don't ask me what I think about, I'm 33 weeks pregnant and my short term memory is broken). So, in the end, this is a mostly good thing, but I am sorry about not having time to comment on posts.

What we've been doing:



Someone graduated from preschool and had another celebration at Cabelas/taxidermy heaven.



Here are the proud parents of the prodigy.



Here is the prodigy telling dad that he is not allowed to sing along with her song.

Lets see,



Someone rode their scooter down the stairs...

and just as his face was beginning to heal...


he encountered the wrath of his older sister and acquired a new set of bruises and scratches.



For the past 18 months, nap time for my 2 youngest has unfortunately not signaled the onset of some much needed restful relaxation for me; instead it is the green light of Armageddon at the Griffiths' house. I have taken those 2 hours to try to teach my oldest how to do chores, but if you have been peeking through my window you may have thought that I was performing an exorcism of sorts. Without fail, for a year and a half, Norah would thrash, scream, whine, gnash, roll, foam, and simply not accomplish a thing. But, I am delighted to say, that we have rounded a corner. Maybe it is the new home, maybe it is the Cabelas graduation, maybe it's my mommy dearest routine, I don't know. What I do know is that she now makes her bed every morning, loads her dishes in the dishwasher, picks up toys, and even washes the lower cabinets of my kitchen.
Her example has even influenced our notoriously non-compliant child.



As long as I make a game of it, Lulu will pick up toys, crayons, and puzzle pieces. That's right, I'm a regular Mary Poppins, minus the magic and the sugar (which really means I'm even more fabulous).



I don't talk about Brad that much. My husband appreciates his anonymity and shies from adulation. He is one of the least pretentious people I know and I suppose this was a big reason I fell in love with him.
It is not unnecessary flattery to say that he is a hard worker and an incredible father. Even though he works very long hours and has a number of passions that he would love to pursue, his family always comes first. I am grateful to be the recipient of the fruits of such a good man. I love you Brad.

As for me, I like to eat cookies.



When I am done with my chores, or not, I eat them

here,



here,



and here while having deep conversations with myself that are soon to be forgotten, but I do remember that they are deep.




We are in a predicament though, we have no name for our unborn daughter. We could use some help. Please leave me a name or two that you would use if you could, were you having a daughter (and if you are don't leave it or else I may steal it). If we choose your name, I'll let you come over and have a deep conversation with me, or I'll send you an awesome gift, your choice.
Thanks.

28 comments:

AMiller said...

Yahoo - Martha posted. I was wondering if you were going to surface. I love the belly shot!
Hmmm, names for girls - I have lots of girl names I love and Tim doesn't, so these won't be a problem if they are stolen. Lucy (course you already have Lucia, so that won't work), Violet (more from Boxcar Children than Willy Wonka), Lydia, Samantha, Alexandra (and I would call her Alex), - umm, that is all. I love the girl names you already have. It would be great to add another classy name to the group.

The Dobrons said...

Maybe I need to leave my computer 2 miles from my house.
I like Reese...our next girl if we have one will most likely be Haley Reese. I like Samantha too--I like the nick name Sam for a girl.

Shayleen Lunt said...

I think I need to get rid of my computer! I could have a clean house? Whoa!
You have got me thinking about giving my little Olivia chores. As for names...you could steal mine. I would still use it if I wanted too (just like I did after Cathy stole my name nearly five years ago ;P)
ps, love that belly shot too...so creative!
Names: Leona and Haylee

A and R said...

Hi Martha!
Here are the names that I love that all my siblings have already used, so I won't be able to use them:

Amelia, Lydia, Talley, Sydney, Jane, Naomi, Paige, Mallory, Jocelyn, and Eliza.

(P.S. I WANT your new house, but I'm not coveting.)

Rochelleht said...

My dream name is Bronwyn. I never had the guts to use it, but really it just wouldn't have worked with our last name. But I keep pushing it on people to use it. It's so beautiful.

Glad you are back! You look gorgeous!

Laurie said...

Thank you again for having me over for lunch. It was such fun! Sorry that Cameron locked herself in the bathroom (that was weird even for her).
Our unused girl names are Reese, Shelby & Caitlin. They're all yours! We're done. I'm quite partial to the name Laurie too...

Kelie said...

your children are so beautiful! I wish I had some extra girl names for you, but we too are having a difficult time trying to name this baby girl...so i might keep checking back for others opinions! maybe i should copy you and blog about it.

Trish said...

Hmmmm...names are really difficult for me to come up with. Sorry, no help.

It was so nice to visit with you at the park a couple of weeks ago. You look amazing!

Annemarie said...

Welcome back! No name ideas, though...

Ange said...

Hi Martha! I'm with your mom and aunt this week. It has been so fun. Lots of much needed laughs.

I'm feeling a french name. My three suggestions are
Adelaide, Zoe and Sabine (or Sabrina) Sabrina is celtic. I used to nanny for a girl named Sabrina Mae. I loved to say her name and all the variations of Sabrina.

I love your blog.....your house looks amazing. I think you have grandma Bernie's classic style. xoxo Andrea

julie and john said...

Thanks for helping us with the apron and letting us see your lovely home!! For names, I too love the name Adelaid or Adeline. I'm hoping for another girl so I can use one of them.

Lorena said...

Cute belly pictures...I don't look cute pregnant, so I envy all those who do.

I don't have a name for you, sorry, my hubby and I fought about #4's name for the entire pregnancy...I'm no help.

Jake said...

Well..you could do what my mom (Martha) did and name her after yourself (Marta). Or I love Lily. Or Amelia.

Glad you are back to the blog!

Kelie said...

I do have one name suggestion that I won't be using since my friend just named her daughter this, but I thought it was darling; Ellery

queenieweenie said...

I love the belly shot. You are too hot.

Names: Isabella, Emma, Emsley, Lila, Taylor--that's all I've got for now!

JuliaGulia said...

i hope you dont mind but i found you off of pagies blog love your new house so cute...

names for girls
riley paige is our little girls name
or tyler may or tyler anything i think tyler for a girl is cute
kyndal
sarah
i'll keep thinking good luck nameing a baby is fun and hard.

Wendy said...

We were thinking about Hazel if our son was going to be a boy. Or Kate or Sarah.

Good luck!

Jennie Freakin' Wilder said...

Hey martha, I like a lot of girl names lately and Let's be honest, I'm no where close to becoming a baby maker so you can take all you want. Some that i think would sound good with your last name are:
Corin (close to your middle name even). Corin Griffiths sounds good. Mary Corin would be cute too. I also like Amelia lately. I really like the name Ellanor but it does kind of sound like Norah a hair. Isabel and lillian are cute too. Oh ya, I also like the name Beth. I don't know how that would be with your last name though. I hope I win the naming contest. i wouldn't be offended if you named her Jennie either. :)

the wrath of khandrea said...

you are looking good, girl! i think about you often and wonder how things are going.

madeline is a cute name, maddie for short. or you could name her celtica, which is the female version of THE BEST BASKETBALL TEAM EVER!!!

just a suggestion.

Natalie said...

Ok, here are some names:
Lisel, Ainsley, Jessamy, Ila or Illa Mae (which is my mom's name), Leona (which is my aunt's name), Violet, Lily (or Tigerlily if you want to be daring) - you could call her Ty or Lily), Sage, Sarah, Hannah, Sophia - um, that's all I've got. Good luck.

Jessica said...

Blythe. Ryan won't let me have it and I think it's the prettiest name ever.

Fordney said...

I love the name Sarah. So strong and classic- simple, yet refined. She is sure to be a bright, beautiful, sexy, confident woman if you name her Sarah.
Sarah
Sarah
Sarah
Sarah
Sarah

diane said...

My daughteris named Brynn...so obviously, I think it's a winner.

cathy said...

Why don't you use Maybelle-remember Grandpa used to always call us that(I think he probable just couldn't remember our names-or Delila-or Jesabelle, or any of the other bad women in the bible!

Anonymous said...

It's always great to see what you've been up to. You house is so beautiful and I'm sure your having a great time with the finishing touches. I can't wait to see pics of your soon to be little one. YAY!

Laurie said...

Not so current now, are you Martha?? What's up?

just jen said...

i know it's crazy but i have always love the name marilla, you know, from anne of green gables...

A and R said...

Any new additions to the family??? Huh?