Thursday, May 15, 2008

All Apologies and New Leaves

So...it's been a long time. Are we still friends? I understand I haven't really been contributing all that much to the relationship lately but...I do have a few excuses.
Here they are:
We moved.
We moved while I am pregnant.
We moved while I am 35, pregnant and wasted.
We moved while I am 35, pregnant, wasted, and have 3 very young and intense children.
We moved while I am 35, pregnant, wasted, have 3 very young intense children, and we left our computer and internet service here at our old home for the time being.
The truth is I do sneak over here every few days to pick up a few things and check my email and your blogs. I've left very few comments because my kids sit screaming in the car or watching some mind numbing movie while I try to do these things. Not today though, the weather is actually nice so they are playing in the only yard we have at the moment. We are not looking forward to starting the landscaping process all over again.

Well, we've been in our new home for almost 3 weeks now, so I have a little pictorial of my favorite parts.
First things first. The front door. It is very red. Remember the name of the paint is Mickey's pants, as in Mickey Mouse. I love it, but I've been receiving some negative feedback about it. The direct TV guy came to the door and asked, "Did you pick this?". I said, "Yes, and I love it".
Anyway, what do you think?



One of the things I love about the home is all the natural light. Our main floor is pretty well lit from sunrise to sunset.












I love my range and back splash. It just may be my favorite part of the home.



I also love the island. It is authentic looking and it is large.



This is where you will find me, sitting. Sweep-sit-mop-sit-laundry-sit-dust-sit-eat a cinnamon bear-sit.



The kids' play area is such a pretty spot. It is sunny and happy.



The girls spend a lot of time here.



Abram can usually be found trailing the girls or me, whichever seems more exciting.



I've had a sort of break through since my computer has been at this house. I used the computer and internet too much. I sure get a lot done without it at my fingertips. But, in defense of my old life, I am working harder to be more organized and to stay on top of things in our new home (we will see how long that lasts). But I also miss my internet very much. I miss reading blogs, being able to find practically anything I want within seconds, and most of all, the connection to the world and all of you.
I will hopefully be able to be connected very soon, thank you for standing by.

26 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

Wow! It looks amazing. You have had your hands full! Sometimes I wish someone would take my computer and internet away (but then I would have to make a lot more phone calls).

Carina said...

I pretty much love your house and am IN love with your front door. It's amazing.

Hannah said...

beautiful! You have my dream kitchen. I love your house!

Jake said...

If I had a kitchen like that I wouldn't need to blog!

the wrath of khandrea said...

can i move in with you? mostly because you seem to do all the sweep-sit-mop-sit-etc'ing, and that would mean i wouldn't have to do it.

i love your island. love it. it's MY favorite part of the house.

the door is red. you asked for my opinion, that's it.

julie and john said...

Martha, I LOVE your house! All the photos look like they came right from a magazine! I'd have to agree, your backsplash is amazing!!! Enjoy your new home!!!

just jen said...

i am also in love with the front door, let the naysayers knock on another boring door!

Trish said...

Your house turned out BEAUTIFUL - yes, that includes the front door! Congrats!

Wendy said...

I have been wanting a red front door since we moved in a couple of years ago. I don't think I've worked on dh quite enough. We'd go a little more bricky red, but Mickey's Pants looks fantastic on your house! AND the rest is beautiful.

I hope you're enjoying it, even though you're wasted!

queenieweenie said...

Loved meeting you at Blogapalooza and LOVE your house!

AMiller said...

I saw you driving by the other day and realized that I don't see that as often (am I that bored that I know who drives by my house all day?). We miss you. I love the red door and I wouldn't take any style advice from a Directv guy. I remember my grandfather painting the door of his house orange and people thinking he was crazy, but I always loved it.

Michele said...

i dont know you but i stumbled across your blog and i love your new home. im wondering if you would be willing to share your paint colors you used? they look fresh and clean and pretty. particularly the color in the main great room and the yellow color in the other room?

Jenn said...

Hello! My name is Jenn and I just wanted to comment on your blog (not really sure how I found it, I think through some links of all your blogging friends. You guys seem to have a great group.) anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I love your blog and your insites and your house in amazing. I love the red door. Thanks for sharing

Michelle said...

love it, SO gorgeous!! I love the door, it is so unique & it fits you.

Kate Benson said...

Your house belongs in a magazine Martha... it's definitely magazine worthy, breathtaking actually!

Laurie said...

I do want to come see your new home with all your stuff in. I hopw you're sleeping better too. Let's do lunch again soon!

Elicia said...

Your house is beautiful and the other day when I drove by I totally thought the red door rocks!

Cecilia said...

I love your house! I want a red door for my next home. Enjoy your home with your beautiful family.

Samantha said...

Oh Martha your house is beautiful! I am so happy for you to have finally moved in. I finally jumped on the blogger train.... www.poolerportal.com
Love,
Samantha

martha corinna said...

I'm so sorry, I will comment on all your blogs later and try to respond, my computer isn't working and I am using my sister in-laws computer right now.
The colors in our house are Restoration Hardware colors. The trim is Buttermilk, the green is Sycamore Green, and the yellow is Butter.

becky said...

martha! i love your house and your door! i want to come see it in person!

Hazen5 said...

I want a Red door! That's my favorite.

Lorena said...

Love red, love the door, love the house, am totally jealous (is that bad?)

em kawasaki said...

GORGEOUS! I love it, all of it, including Mickey's Pants. I am going to stop by sometime and get a tour if you don't mind. I have been anticipating the completion of your house just so I can see your genius made a reality.

Crystal said...

Are you sure that is your house or is it out of the "Martha" magazine? Love IT

Anonymous said...

It's soooo gorgeous!! I loved all the little "extras" you put into it. LOVE it! You've got amazing taste.