Thursday, April 24, 2008

Stuff

I considered myself fortunate; I've always preferred the savory to the sweet. I was never a big fan of cake, ice cream, pie, pastry, simple carbs, or sugar.
That is until my baby girl reached the 20 week gestational mark and I was freed from so called 'morning sickness'. Now, I am shamed by the contents of my pantry. Chocolate milk, cinnamon bears, and angle food cake monopolize my conscious and unconscious thoughts. Today, I purchased half a dozen donuts from the bakery-all chocolate (and I only shared one). The night before last, I prepared lemon-cheese blintzes covered with homemade blueberry syrup for dinner. Last night, at book club, I was offered an extra-large helping of strawberry shortcake which I would normally turn down. About 5 minutes later, I was shocked to find that I had devoured the whole thing.



Tuesday, my sister in-law, Kate, and I took our children to the tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point.





It was lovely, it was warm, I worked up a bit of a sweat, and on our way out, Kate bought some water, and I left with one pound of fudge-solely and selfishly intended for moi'.



In other (totally unrelated) news; I've already gained 24 lbs. this pregnancy, and I'll only be 26 weeks tomorrow.

So to all of you who live close to me, quit lying to me by telling me how good I look. Just be my friend and bring me a donut.



*We will be moving on Saturday. Who knows how long it will take to have our internet service up and running. If you need to get a hold of me over the next week, please email me before Saturday and ask for my cell phone # if you don't already have it. Thanks.

19 comments:

Wendy said...

Martha, you are adorable.

Have you tried Albertson's cinnamon bears? Those are the best.

Good luck with the move!

the wrath of khandrea said...

24 pounds? you COW! have a donut.

i still think you look great. and i love the new header picture.

good luck with the move. i'm so excited for your new house. from what i've seen, it's gorgeous. oh, wait, am i supposed to avoid saying that about the house too, and give IT a donut?

Sheri King said...

It's okay, I won't even publish how much weight I gain while pregnant. Let's just say I "need" a 32 ounce milkshake every night to quell the heartburn, and all 9 months of 32 ounces show up in my face.

We are moving in 3 weeks to San Diego. If you ever want to visit San Diego, your family is welcome to stay. Good luck with your move.

gab said...

Chocolate donuts and cinnamon bears never look that on me! Good luck with the move...see at the Y?!

Rochelleht said...

That made me laugh out loud several times. I love it! And you do look great.

just jen said...

i have always preferred savory to sweet, until recently...maybe we got switched up somehow...the culinary fairies decided we needed to walk on the other side i guess.

mindy said...

ahh... i haven't been to church in so long, i had no idea that you were moving so soon. That just made me so incredibly sad. I know you're excited for your new house, but i'll definitely be missing you. i'm glad you have the blog so i can keep up with you and your beautiful family. please call if you need any help.

diane said...

Those donuts look good on you!

Kelie said...

i'm right behind you with the whole weight thing...yuck! but please save a doughnut for me! good luck with the move...your home is beautiful!

King Family said...

we must have the same "pregnant" taste buds....everythings sounds delish...and I will say it-you look cute, if I look like you with #4 I will be completely content with my life.

The Christensen Family said...

I am SO with you on the cinny bears. I currently have my own plastic container from Harmons stashed in the basement. When the kids ask for one - I always reply "Too hot for you." or "Bad for YOUR teeth." Mine all mine! :)
I think that you are beautiful pregnant and am totally envious of your amazing wardrobe! For sure have another donut!
And last, please call me if you need help this weekend. I am a professional mover after baseball. OR if you want - I can totally take your kids and keep 'em busy. Let me know. So excited for you. Loves!

Bridget said...

Wow, you're moving on Saturday and you'll still be making it to BP?! That's awesome. I guess lucky for you, you don't have far to travel. Good luck!

Fordney said...

Oh sweet, sweet Martha- you do look good. Talk to me when you are pushing the 50 lbs. mark. Then I will tell you how HOT you look.
Love you!

Annemarie said...

You look fabulous! Good luck with the move, your house looks beautiful!! Have you tried chocolate covered cinnamon bears???

em kawasaki said...

Well, I only saw you from the chest up since you were in your car but your hair looked great! Did any of the pants work out?
Good luck with the move. I can't wait to see the new house.

Jessica said...

Hey! Catching up after a break (long story--you can probably guess?). You DO look great and how exciting about your house and I cannot wait to give you a big pregnant hug at BP! See you in 4 days (is that possible?!)

katri said...

You are so cute! Your post made me laugh out loud.

Oh the things that taste divine in a pregnancy.

Good luck on the move. :)

Hannah said...

You have a darling belly! It is so hard to tell how cute you are when you are the one who is pregnant. I gained a ton with my first pregnancy...way more than you...so I think you look fabulous!

Anonymous said...

It was so amazing to see your house in person. You've got impecable taste. You've also got a great hubby and family. Thanks for showing us all around. I think you're such an incredible person!! Cheers to us on Mother's Day, may we survive another year. {{wink}}