Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Update

Last night Abram awoke for his usual early morning temper tantrum. His nightly fit does not begin with a mild whimper or whine and then crescendo into a full blown wail. His howling begins with the intensity of an angry European/South American soccer fan and fails to reach a diminuendo until someone gives in. This someone is usually me.
At 4am this morning, Abram turned a corner and allowed his father to calm and feed him. While Abram gulped down his creamy sedative, he stroked the rugged whiskers of Brad's beard. And to think that just last week I asked Brad how long he planned to keep the goatee (this question was heavy with the implication that he had already kept it too long).
Good thing I have a husband who generally refrains from listening to my implications.

12 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

see! you didn't even have to google that idea. fate stepped in. i'm glad the man is getting in touch with his maternal side.

i feel your pain. there were several years straight that i didn't sleep through a single night. things changed. the kids haven't grown up so much, but we got a bigger house. and we sleep at one end of it, they sleep at the other. we close our door, and they cease to exist.
when are you moving into your bigger house?

martha corinna said...

Not soon enough Andrea! Thanks for your empathetic pain. I know someday it will get a lot better. I just need to stop getting knocked up, maybe there is something my man can do about that.

the wrath of khandrea said...

snip snip.

Wendy said...

Who would've thought a goatee would suffice! I hope you enjoyed teh break!

Annemarie said...

So does that mean no rats tail??BUMMER! And congrats...it's sooo nice when they let dad help out!

Rochelleht said...

YEA! I have a hubby who's sported a goatee for the last 12 years. Our entire marriage. I think he looks better, but how great for you that it actually serves a purpose. Greg was hoping that the purpose served by his was getting out of certain callings. HA! No such luck, Mr. 4th time Elder's Quorum Pres.

Sheri King said...

So glad a goatee can soothe an angry baby! Too bad my husband hasn't hit puberty yet (he can't really grow one).

Lindz said...

Yeah for Brad's goatee. It is so nice when the kids will go to their father's

Insightful Nana said...

Way to go! I have to say...I like Brad's beard. Glad it came in handy. Give Abram lots of hugs and kisses for me.

em kawasaki said...

Lucky for me, Mila prefers her Daddy and when she woke up last night, angry with an upset stomach, she immediately said "Daddy!!!!!" There are many benefits to having a daddy's girl.

Am'n2Deep said...

Sweet--so happy for you! I totally miss my husband's goatee--the stake pres made him shave it when he was put in the bishopric...grrr! Being the quiet rebel that I can be, I am always trying to convince him to grow it back :)

Anonymous said...

My Drake does that same thing. I'm still waiting for him to be able to self-sooth and it still hasn't happened. He's 2. {{sigh}} I'm glad he found something conforting. ;)