Monday, June 13, 2011

Recently...



Norah had her last day of school. I warned her that I hated the last day of school, I don't like endings and saying goodbye to friends and teachers was always tough. I don't think she took my experience very seriously.



She was upset that I attempted to take a photo of her crying. You will appreciate this one day Norah.



A week later Lulu had her last day. I brought her potted flowers to give her teachers on the last day. As I watched Lulu give one of her teachers the flowers I saw her whisper to Lulu: I love you. I cried and cried. I'm not entirely sure why. It is difficult for me to have time move on and to be unable to return to relationships or moments. Things come to an end and that is it, there is no returning.







Rosemary has been something else, don't let this cute face fool you. You never know what you will get with her. She is the little girl who had a little curl.



Much of my time is spent dealing with Abram. Abram is smart but that wrinkle between my brows is going to need some botox soon.





I usually make very few desserts but the girls and I have to make use of all the strawberries we seem to have so we've been making tarts.



My garden is in bloom! These are its first offerings.

There is a fair amount of work involved in the spring, but I really enjoy it and it's so exciting to wake up in the early morning and join the birds and see what has sprung overnight-better than Christmas morning.







This is my favorite spot, it smells so good and is usually covered with big,fat, furry bumble bees.



I planted quite a bit of greens and lettuces this year and it has been delicious.

We have been reading truck-loads of books.





I've made many quilts. Someday I will post them all.



I've made quite a few curtains as well. While purchasing the linen for these curtains from IKEA, Rosemary knocked over an enormous display and for about 2 seconds I thought my baby was dead. Rosemary doesn't get to go to IKEA with me anymore.



I've been trying to come up with good ways of displaying the children's artwork. I have 3 boxes to go through now that school is out. Any good ideas?

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I miss you!

Just had to say that.

Your pictures are beautiful. I want to pick your brain about growing greens--this year was my first spring garden and I'm loving romaine, but want more variety.

We'll have to swap children stories next time we get together. My boy is into daggers. Argh!

I've seen some cute things with posting kids' art . . . in bathrooms, various hallways places, etc. I love the look.

the wrath of khandrea said...

wendy beat me to it. i was gonna say I MISS YOU.

Rochelleht said...

Your garden is stunning.

I hear you on the goodbyes. Kills me.

I throw artwork away. That's how I handle it. How's that for mom of the year?