Monday, September 13, 2010

On The Sunny Side



I'm still walking Norah to and from school everyday and I like it. Is that wrong?

Speaking of wrong: Last Wednesday was awesome. Tuesday I was feeling that luck was on my side. My children, though a slight handful, are beautiful and enjoyable (at times) and I was feeling grateful. Wednesday morning Norah had to be at an important appointment in Provo early in the morning. I woke to vertigo, did my best to feed and dress the children, dropped Lulu off at school and rushed down to Provo with Norah, Abram and Rosemary.

Of course I was late and the appointment took forever and I was (of course) late to pick Lulu up from school. I was about to get on the freeway from Orem when my phone rang (remember I have vertigo), I wouldn't normally answer but it was Lulu's school wondering where I was. The phone slipped from my hand and landed on the ground, as I bent to pick it up I rear-ended a school bus. No children were on the bus and I was going slow but it took an hour to wrap things up, I got a citation: improper look-out and a whole lot of snarkiness from Challenger.

I came home to a dirty house and hungry kids. I picked up a $60 prescription (of course) and committed a cardinal sin: I bought Wendy's for dinner.



And on top of it all the cat has been missing for 5 days; most likely eaten by a coyote. I'm running a marathon on Saturday and have a knee injury and have barely been able to run all summer. And my allergies are through the roof.

Bet you think I'm inspirational now, eh?

But other than that, things are pretty good.

8 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

ahhh. good times. good times.

Rochelleht said...

Since when is Wendy's a cardinal sin? #1 without tomato, please.

AMiller said...

Wrong would be the fact that my oldest didn't know Wendy's kids meals came with a small frosty until he was about seven because I always just ate it. Ha ha.

I sometimes wish my daughter would let me walk her to school. The first day she ran ahead of me and never looked back. I was sad. She was exhilarated (is that a word?). It is nice not to have to get the little ones ready in the morning, though.

And no - there was no inspiration in that post for me. Maybe the fact that you too are human might make me feel better, but then who would I look to emulate?

P.S. Let's do dinner.

just jen said...

sounds like my day, every day!

i hope tomorrow is better and you don't hit any more school buses. ;)

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

It is so so good to hear that you are normal and buy Wendy's for dinner once in a while! So Sorry about all the trouble and the cat :(

Kristen said...

Oh my goodness, Martha. Have you recovered? Sometimes I have to wonder why life has to be so hard. Hope everything goes well with your marathon!

thesuperfantasticbeeders said...

You're always inspirational to me. I'm making gooey eyes at you right now!

Sheri King said...

Ha- I love it! I rear ended someone last year while I was looking for Austin's spiderman glove.