Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Cat Who Earned Its Keep



Brad isn't all that fond of cats. I love them. A marriage made in heaven, no?

3 am a few mornings ago, I was woken by a raucous out on the bridge/hallway on our top floor which connects the bedrooms. I ventured out to the hallway to apprise the situation: the cat was hot on the trail of a living thing. I know cats, and this was not the normal nocturnal play of a kitty.

I woke Brad and told him that there was a mouse in our house and he told me that there wasn't any way a mouse could climb our stairs and that I was crazy. I didn't think I was, but it was 3am so I went back to sleep.

The next morning, around 10 am, I was mopping the floor. Abram was in the family room playing on our new rug. He told me there was some food on the rug, I asked him to throw it in the garbage, he said he didn't want to touch it. I said: Please. He then asked: What about the squirrel? Thinking he was speaking of one of our too many stuffed animals, I told him to throw it in the basement. He seemed to be thinking for a minute and then walked over to me and handed me this:




Brad's heart has since softened just a tiny bit towards the kitty.

8 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

EEWWWWW... i can't get over the fact that your son picked up the dead mouse.

ew.

Unknown said...

brave Abram.

I'm not a cat fan, either, but I appreciate the lady next door who feeds a few stray cats--I've never seen a mouse (now where is that wood)!

AMiller said...

Uuugghh. I HATE mice. Every time I hear a random scratching noise I start dreaming of mice.
What did you do when Abram handed you the mouse? Ahhh, thank goodness for the cat.

cathy said...

That is funny-poor Abram-was it really upstairs?

Kristen said...

Did you scream and scare poor Abram? I probably would have.

sarahlouise said...

LOL!!!! That is really disgusting but thanks heavens for Storm!!!!! :)

sarahlouise said...

LOL!!!! That is really disgusting but thanks heavens for Storm!!!!! :)

Rochelleht said...

YIKES!!!

I have to admit, my heart has softened this summer a bit to the feline race. Grandma's cat is pretty darn cute.