Monday, June 14, 2010

Pretty In Pink

While exiting the chapel after I had been called as the YW president, I ran into a girl named Amber who I had briefly met at a child birthday party. At the time I was feeling incredibly overwhelmed with responsibility, but I tried to not let on as I chatted with her for a few seconds. As I climbed into my car, holding a paper with names that were highlighted as "suggestions" for a presidency, I felt a soft sweep of calm whisper to me "You need Amber". So I got Amber.

Amber was awesome. She was not only someone who could counsel me, she was an incredible friend. She listened, she covered for me as I tried to come up to speed with the YW program. She was empathetic when I was overwhelmed and she was someone I could trust.

A few months ago, Amber sent me a text that she was pregnant with twins. My heart sank. I was of course, happy for her, but I knew too well what that would mean: no more Amber as my right hand. And, she was shortly released after.



Amber is now almost 37 weeks and I threw her a shower in my home last week, I miss her.



She is having two girls and my house is still a vision in pink.













3 comments:

Rochelleht said...

GORGEOUS! I wish I could have come.

Kristen said...

I'll hire you next time I am throwing a shower! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

that looks heavenly.

Oh how I'd love to have twin girls!