Monday, February 8, 2010

Wearing a Hat is Hard












Running is good again. I ran hills on Thursday and felt great. We ran 10 miles in the fog and rain on Saturday and it felt pretty good. Lone Peak's track is still covered with snow (we discovered that this morning as we searched in the dark for anything dark amid the white), so we tried to do some speed work on the side of the dark bumpy road from Lone Peak to the Timpanogous Temple. We ended up running 4 miles in 31 minutes. Things are picking up. And I get my stitches out tomorrow. Yea for me!

I've only cooked two noteworthy ricipes: Emeril's chicken stir fry was fast, easy, and a good way to add broccoli and red peppers to my meal.
But this warm lentil salad with roasted beets and goat cheese was delicious. It is the second time I've made it and I can't get enough. Yum.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

She is a doll.

And I will ever wish I could eat at your table every night. We had frozen Red Baron tonight. Yeah. :)

Unknown said...

way to go on all of the running

how was the pork butt, by the way?

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

I can't keep a hat on Jocelyn for the life of me, which is why she always has a runny nose.. which is her fault right?! Thanks so always posting such great recipes. I love to cook, I may not be great at it, but it's my stress reliever none the less.

Rochelleht said...

Um, I haven't exercised and I've eaten a lot of processed food. I am awesome.

Lori said...

Hi Martha! I haven't seen you in such a long time! I hope all is well at the Griffiths! Thanks for posting some recipes, I think your meals always look delicious so I will be happy to get some ideas and try some out.

P.S. looking for a track in the snow in the dark with stitches is a sure sign you do not need to be running!!!! You awesome for doing it.