Thursday, March 22, 2012

Starting Over



The air is still a bit chilly, but I can feel the promise of spring.

We are ready. We planted primroses in little terracotta pots, the pansies are waiting on the porch, and the dahlias are going in the dirt today.



My children are getting all itchy for outside and I cut my hair off. My stomach is pretty darn flat (standing only, sitting all bets are off.) Marathon training is well underway, 19 miles alone last weekend, at an eight minute average. Yay for gluten free!

I am anxious for arugula in my garden (spiders and all) and on my plate. And I am just ready to let the work begin, because I love the work of spring.

3 comments:

Rochelleht said...

I don't remember you mentioning the gluten free. I just have a bad memory, though, so don't take it personally. I am giving that a go this week. As well as dairy free, sugar free and soda free. I've felt like CRAP lately and I'm trying to see if I can narrow it down. It's a boring food week and I still feel like crap, but I'm sticking it out till the end.

Have you seen Roostblog.com? I'm sure you have. AMAZING gluten free recipes. Totally your style. We made the blood orange salad this week. Divine. My one highlight in my otherwise crappy food week.

I'm seriously overwhelmingly impressed with your running. I am still an exercise flunky. As soon as this school year is over...

Rochelleht said...

Ok, I just read back and remember you mentioning that now. I am hoping I feel better soon otherwise, I'm just broken. But the idea of trying live gluten free forever is pretty overwhelming, too. Ok, over and out.

Wendy said...

"I love the work of spring." I'm not quite there yet, but I did plant pansies today and bought a handful of spring garden seeds to plant tomorrow. I have a dream of loving the work of spring!! :) Your flowers are beautiful!

Did I mention I love Dan Zanes, and thank you?