Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Back

We just returned from our trip to Michigan. 30 hour drive there and back. It's like I'm a pioneer or something, because my Denali is pretty much like a hand cart.

The weather was perfect. The water was cool and crisp. The air was heavenly.

I mostly sat on the beach, under my umbrella reading while watching my children swim or play in sand for 2 whole weeks. Sometimes I took breaks to swim out to the raft or our Norah sail boat.

Eons from swimming pools, sod, and suburbia. It really doesn't get better.

I have so many photos to come. Will you humor me?











4 comments:

Wendy said...

Welcome home! Your time at the beach sounds heavenly. The pictures are great.

It was good to see you, too. I very much enjoyed our visit, as did ds. Hope we can do it again!

the wrath of khandrea said...

you so deserved a wicked awesome getaway like this. i have hundreds of pictures from my vacation, and am avoiding blogging because i can't decide which ones to post.

cathy said...

where are all the pictures of me?!!! I was there? I have some great ones of you Martha watch for them on facebook!!!!

Rochelleht said...

That does pretty much look like heaven. SO glad you got away!!!!