Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween

It all started with Spiderman.



I'm not quite sure when or how Abram and the webbed one became acquainted but upon the meeting, Abram only saw red, blue and black. There are spiderman pajamas, spiderman underwear (not that spiderman knows how to use the potty-but just in case), spiderman blinking light shoes (Oh how I hate the blinking light shoes), spiderman shirts, a spiderman bucket, a spiderman poster-Abram even carries around a well-worn empty spiderman bandage box. So when it came to Halloween costume planning, well, that was a boring no brainer. Because I like to be cohesive, it was decided that all of the children should be superheros. On a Saturday morning we gathered around the computer pulling up pictures of wonder woman, batgirl, supergirl, and of course, spiderman. The children grew excited as we watched clips on youtube. I turned to Brad and said the only thing left for us to do is to dress as villians.









Brad decided on the joker. He said I should be cat woman. Of course, he would say that. It became apparent that there is really only one recognizable female villain and that is cat woman. But let's face it, she's a bit of a skank.

But I do like cats. I do own a black t-shirt. I also own a pair of running tights that have been laundered so much that they are barley hanging on to black. And, cat woman's costume would be one less thing to sew.

So in all her skank-o-licious glory, I was cat woman-at my mom's house.









11 comments:

AMiller said...

I love the pic with you and Brad. Great idea. And I can't think of another good female villian - and if I could I would realize they are probably all a little skanky. Isn't that what Halloween is for? (I am joking here).

Annie said...

I love the villain/superhero theme. And, of course, you know I have a little soft spot in my heart for batgirl. Every girl should be batgirl at some point :)

Rochelleht said...

Seriously, Brad creeps me out!

the wrath of khandrea said...

if spiderman doesn't know how to use the potty, then i feel sorry for the dry cleaner who launders THOSE uniforms.

Anonymous said...

ooh, I bet your were a gorgeous catwoman. Wish there were more photos of you!

Sheri King said...

With that red lipstick on Norah looks just like you.

After reading a couple of posts down, I have to tell you what I remember about Norah as a toddler. She was so sweet, and smart. I was jealous because Tyler wasn't talking and she was (how silly). She would also play alone, something mine wouldn't do. She reminded me of BOO from Monsters Inc. everytime I saw her. Most importantly, I think she was Tyler's very first friend!

I love peeking in on your life!

em kawasaki said...

you skanky cat you. You would get a long with our dog.

Brad looks scary and the rest are adorable!

Li Mama said...

Love all the costumes! The kids look GREAT!!
You won't believe what just came to mind: remember when we had the Halloween party at the white house? You and Brad were Angel and Devil. That was a great time. :)
And it's ok to be skanky. Hee hee.

thesuperfantasticbeeders said...

Can I be one of your kids, you're amazing, and hot!

cathy said...

Brad is creepy-Norah looks so much like you in the first picture of her with makeup on. It's strange, I always thought she looked more like Brad.

The Christensen Family said...

M -- Your costumes are unbelievable! I am so jealous of your skills. I need lessons. Brad looks so scary! Yikes! I love Spiderman. Even if he can't use the potty. :) And your girls are beautiful as ever... You are a gorgeous skanky catwoman. Everyone needs a little skank every once in a while!:) Love you friend.