Thursday, July 30, 2009

A slice of Eutopia



We just returned from what I would call home. All green, blue and gold. Dappled in shadow and light.




Silent. Miles from suburbia. Cocooned in damp vineyards and scented pines.



Abram has been placed by Homeland Security on the "No Fly List". But that is it's own story.











I've just reentered "life" to begin the most intense but exciting week, so more photos and stories later.

It's time for some due diligence with a grasshopper and weed infestation.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely photos! Thank you for sharing

Wendy said...

I love the antique-y-ness of the pics. I'm glad you got away. Poor Abram. I can hardly wait to hear that story! I've been thinking of you the last few weeks!

just jen said...

i think there should be a family section on airplanes...that way you never have to sit next to people who are going to freak out when your kids freak out.

love the pictures, too.

AMiller said...

I love the pics - it looks like a dream world.

Unknown said...

you HAVE to tell the Abram story, that is very intriguing.

And yes, I concur, gorgeous pictures! Absolutely dreamy.

Insightful Nana said...

This place looks fantastic. It looks like you had a good time in spite of
Abrams "No Fly" order.

Taquilla had a good time too. No kids for a week. She was a great pal for me.

the wrath of khandrea said...

do you have a farmer's tan?

you know i love you, right? but you also knew i was gonna point that out, right?

thesuperfantasticbeeders said...

I love you Martha, I miss you every time I look at your blog!

Kristen said...

Looks beautiful Martha! I love peaceful, quiet, beautiful places too! And you are as beautiful as ever. I was driving down Provo Canyon the other day thinking of you and our bike rides! I miss those rides!

Rochelleht said...

I love your photos! So gorgeous! I'm glad you had such a lovely time. Summer rocks.